MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Cody's post-match promo is exactly the fire they need to make AEW work.

It was all so real. Heartfelt, passionate, and everything that has made Cody so great over the last few years.

It was like the anti-WWE at that point, truly, because things rarely feel that authentic in Vince's world.

19 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Over the last month or so this has become the consistently best wrestling show in maybe 20 years. 

I’d say raw has been better in the last month and nxt has for me 

Fun battle royal, solid women's match, gentleman's three for Cobb vs Mox, Lucha Bros vs Page/Omega in a barn burner (easy ****1/4) & an exciting main event with a spectacular finish. Plus a hot crowd! Hype videos! Darby! 

I'm struggling to think of anything bad that really stood out. The Dark Order weren't as annoying as usual? Brandi Rhodes gets her own toy despite being the worst woman wrestler on the roster? Teasing a CIMA heel turn? Jim Ross was a bit crap at times? No PAC video? There's not a lot to really moan about.

So it's ANOTHER quality show from T-Dog's crew. If they keep us this consistency throughout the year I will be very, very, very surprised. All the best wrestling TV periods have short shelf lives. If they can keep it up until Autumn, thus allowing me to drop the show for the G1, then I'll be a happy man.

“The last place you want to be in a Battle Royale is fighting on the outside”- Why? If you’re outside you can’t be eliminated. If anything, being outside is the best place to be. They didn’t acknowledge Raven sitting behind the Dark Order which makes me think they are going to go with him as the exalted one

Better match between Cobb and Moxley than what they had in last years G1. Not blow away brilliant, but it was fine. Jericho and Guevara with their tickets though, why? You work there! Fucking hell  Guevara already been out there. Wish they could find a way for Darby to launch himself into the ring when he comes down on the skateboard

The cage match had been built up really well and this was my first time seeing Wardlow wrestle, and I imagine it’s the same for a lot of people. Thought he did really well

Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

If you’re outside you can’t be eliminated. If anything, being outside is the best place to be.

wwe_royal_rumble_best_michaels_lawler.jp

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

“The last place you want to be in a Battle Royale is fighting on the outside”- Why? If you’re outside you can’t be eliminated. If anything, being outside is the best place to be.

Yeah, that was a weird little moment. JR said that, and Schiavone quickly echoed it with an "I agree-"... then there's an awkward pause, I think because Tony realised this exact point.

I always thought the paid ticket thing was a “I’m not at work, I’m a fan so you can’t hit me” situation.

When was the last time Raven was on mainstream TV?

Oh and there's this after the show, Cody's probably the best face in wrestling right now.

Edited by Merzbow