MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

A small thing I noticed for the first time - the little intro graphic for each wrestler is silver for everyone except champions, who get gold. And the top 5 contenders appear to get their number to the side as well. While the 2020 rankings being highlighted is still weird, the rankings are beginning to make more sense too - overall, the presentation of this stuff is becoming stronger. I loved 'days sober' for Hangman and Omega too.

Arn's got to be turning on Cody in the cage in Atlanta right? And break his leg, like they did to his Dad at the Omni? The Arn and Cody team looks set up only for Arn to turn.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

21 minutes ago, Chris B said:

A small thing I noticed for the first time - the little intro graphic for each wrestler is silver for everyone except champions, who get gold. And the top 5 contenders appear to get their number to the side as well. While the 2020 rankings being highlighted is still weird, the rankings are beginning to make more sense too - overall, the presentation of this stuff is becoming stronger. I loved 'days sober' for Hangman and Omega too.

As we’re wrestling fans that like to over analyse things, being 13,000 days sober would mean that Omega has a sneaky drink when he was 9 months old

13 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Arn's got to be turning on Cody in the cage in Atlanta right? And break his leg, like they did to his Dad at the Omni? The Arn and Cody team looks set up only for Arn to turn.

I'm hoping that comes later. Have MJF beat the shit out of him while Cody's trapped in the cage. Then, later, have Arn turn on Cody in revenge.

34 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I loved 'days sober' for Hangman and Omega too.

Disappointed that it's not a booze cruise was another good one.

2 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Disappointed that it's not a booze cruise was another good one.

Anxious millennial cowboy

I seem to be in a minority that actually enjoys TH2. Perfectly fine as a pair of obnoxious dick heads, though they've probably spent too much time on Dark.

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

As long as it leads to Cody pinning Arn down under a sports bench and shitting on his face. 

5 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I understand why people have issues with trans-women in sport and the related issues surrounding unfair advantage etc

However, pro wrestling is a work so regardless of whether you’re a massive transphobe or not I’m really struggling to see why people take issue with Nyla or with a trans person “competing” in pro wrestling. It’s all about presentation at the end of the day and Nyla has been presented wonderfully so far.

From what I can tell from some forums etc, it’s not that she used to be a fella but that AEW only hired/pushed/put the belt on her for woke points and there’s no way someone as shit as her would be champion if she wasn’t trans. 

11 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

From what I can tell from some forums etc, it’s not that she used to be a fella but that AEW only hired/pushed/put the belt on her for woke points and there’s no way someone as shit as her would be champion if she wasn’t trans. 

I mean, Jilian Hall, Melina, Rockin Robin, Deborah, and The Kat have also been Woman's Championship title holders so that can't be the reason

40 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

According to Cody and Brandi she was hired because they saw a video of her and thought she was amazing.... which is either bullshit as she clearly isn't amazing or Cody and Brandi have low standards for what 'amazing' is.

I think having her as champion is a great idea though. Now Kong is not there she is the monster of the division and it makes the most sense.
Plus, hopefully having her work with Shida will help improve her skills.

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

According to Cody and Brandi she was hired because they saw a video of her and thought she was amazing.... which is either bullshit as she clearly isn't amazing or Cody and Brandi have low standards for what 'amazing' is.

Going from the reviews of Britt Baker, it may not be that unlikely that they do think she's amazing.

EDIT: wrong thread!

Edited by Loki