MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They should have had him re-enacting Michael Caine lobbing Alf Roberts off a multi-storey car park for added effect.

Get him to do it to Nakazawa. Kenny still won't give a fuck.

PAC is my favourite wrestler. He is the only person in a wrestling show I watch that I actually believe is real. And this is from someone that’s been out with him years ago and knows it’s absolutely not. 

Thought that was an incredible episode to be honest. They’re finding their groove this year and have developed into a fairly polished two hour variety show. That Santana sit down, the PAC and Darby Allin vignettes, Dustin’s fiery promo, the Jeff Cobb package . . . All shit I love to see. Well shot and produced bits and bobs that build characters and hype the coming matches. The PAC thing was tremendous and a perfect way to cast him. He really feels like a dangerous nut on the warpath with an axe to grind. The lines about Kenny being a bust in AEW give me faith that they’ve got something bigger picture planned for Kenny Omega.

Riho/Nyla is their women’s Flair/Steamboat. Doesn’t say fuck all obviously but it’s easily the best women’s match since their first, which was great. Right result as well. Hopefully they find a better way to utilise Riho. She’s a fantastic underdog babyface and I’m not hearing it any other way.

It’s sounds nerdy as fuck but I was so happy watching MJF vs Jungle Boy. A little peek at what will surely be the first of many encounters between two future players. They already work off each other really well. It was great to finally see MJF in a proper match. The heat for him is brilliant  and the old school heel work is so refreshing among all the flips and dives. I loved the finish too, it’s about time they put that ring to use. Simple. Great.

Says it all when Jericho was barely featured, Cody wasn’t there at all, and it still felt like arguably the best show yet.

The PPVs building very nicely. Put Orange Cassidy into a singles match and it’s a steal.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

That was a tidy, good little wrestling show. Enjoyable and easy to watch, I'm intrigued to see next week's battle royal, tag match and main event. I'm looking forward to the Iron Man in 2 weeks. And I want to see what happens at Revolution. 

Job well done.

1 minute ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

I'm really enjoying AEW, but that Tony Khan hug jeez, as someone mentioned previously I'm not sure he has ever hugged anyone before haha. 

It was supposed to be awkward surely? The whole point of that segment was that Rose was expecting the big celebration folk usually get when they win titles, but everybody is just fucking terrified of her. That's why Leva Bates looked so confused about why no one else was clapping.

Good show overall. That Britt Baker promo is the biggest surprise of 2020 so far for me. She's been my least favourite thing in wrestling for months but that was actually pretty good. It was also nice to see them using the vignettes with Pac and Allin, the sit down interview with Santana, etc, to move storylines along rather than just relying on matches, backstage segments and Being the Elite to move things along. Pac, in particular, looked like an absolute star and he didn't even need to wrestle.

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So, the title switch has gone down well on social media.

Don’t have twitter but I’m sure it’s something along the lines of “it’s the women’s belt, not then men’s” or about how AEW is trying to be “woke”. 

Got my Double or Nothing II tickets in the pre-sale :)

7 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Don’t have twitter but I’m sure it’s something along the lines of “it’s the women’s belt, not then men’s” 

Pretty much. 

I understand why people have issues with trans-women in sport and the related issues surrounding unfair advantage etc

However, pro wrestling is a work so regardless of whether you’re a massive transphobe or not I’m really struggling to see why people take issue with Nyla or with a trans person “competing” in pro wrestling. It’s all about presentation at the end of the day and Nyla has been presented wonderfully so far.

That opening tag match was wicked, one of the most enjoyable TV matches I've seen on Dynamite ever. Can someone explain to me though, why there were two lads who came down in this in the aftermath of it?

d03d2a12ca7cb22bd0dbd3a317cca32b.jpg

Enjoyed this episode overall - whatever you think about AEW's marketing, the way the crowds react at each show actually seem to make sense and reinforces what I'm thinking while watching the matches and angles. Lots of simultaneous stories and characters that interact with each other in a logical way makes for compulsive viewing and actually makes me want to tune in. Iron Man match should be a belter next week.