MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

On paper, Cobb’s a good signing, and I’m not at all surprised AEW signed him considering how much Meltzer praises him. But personally, I’ve never been that impressed. Super athletic, sure, but I can’t remember ever being particularly blown away by any of his matches and he felt like one of the most boring participants in last year’s G1.

I've not seen much of Cobb but I heard him on Jericho's podcast and he sounds like a great fella so willing him to do well.

wJt0Aal.jpg

I’m guessing that Tony Khan has never hugged another human being.

That bit with all the Tag teams coming out after the first match, only the Bucks got a reaction. TH2, fucking state of them

That guy with his Austin 5:12 t-shirt every five seconds, fuck off  you knob

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Jeff Cobb is fun, but him being brought in as a Jericho lackey really highlights what a waste of a signing Jake Hager has been so far. The Inner Circle already have their big beefy enforcer with legit credibility, but the fucker hasn't even wrestled yet, so they need a new one.

If it’s not just a one off I see The Inner Circle turning on Cobb after he loses to Moxley next week for an instant face turn.

Jeff Cobb is a bit of all right (as opposed to Jake Hager, who's a bit of alt-right).

His PWG run was/is entertaining but he won't be putting on classics. He's a great TV wrestler though, so I hope he sticks around. Nice surprise.

As for the episode itself, the EVPs of AEW should get into heated debates about the creative direction of the company more often as that was another solid Dynamite. The matches won't blow you away but the feuds are bubbling nicely with some great angles & segments. The in-ring is decent, saving the big stuff for PPV.

Nyla Rose as women's champ is promising, but the backstage bit after was crap. You've got Tony Khan there, Leva Bates & Kenny Omega being a bit of a tit. Less of that would be grand. Also, I totally understand why Nyla would be pissed with that awful reception. Weird segment.

1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

He was Matanza in Lucha Underground as well. 

Oh, wow - that's definitely cool. Haven't seen much of Cobb as Cobb, but if the comments above are anything to go by, it sounds like Matanza is the most interesting he's been thus far.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Jeff Cobb is a bit of all right (as opposed to Jake Hager, who's a bit of alt-right).

Cracked me the fuck up, that did.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

As for the episode itself, the EVPs of AEW should get into heated debates about the creative direction of the company more often as that was another solid Dynamite. The matches won't blow you away but the feuds are bubbling nicely with some great angles & segments. The in-ring is decent, saving the big stuff for PPV.

Absolutely. For all the talk of there being tension amongst the EVPs recently, it’s seemingly helped the promotion massively. Ever since they came back from the Christmas break it’s been a far tighter, more focussed show, with a lot of the worst stuff either being demoted to Dark or abandoned entirely. I totally understand that the in-ring style isn’t for everyone, but I don’t think anyone can deny they’re doing a hell of a job building up this PPV. 

"The king of the women's division" was a bit of a blunder from good old JR there, I doubt anything bad was intended but you just can't do that. He's a disaster waiting to happen.

Matanza was fucking awesome and a pure joy to watch. Jeff Cobb is pretty boring though, they should have just ripped off the Matanza gimmick.

AEW are still only a few months in, they are showing willingness to change stuff and finding their grove. Just a complete contrast with Wwe’s refuse to change their plan attitude of the last decade. Good to see they haven’t just fallen into the wwe lite mode tna would fall back into after all their reboots