MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Was catching up on this last night and the wife also caught a little bit. All she took from it was a sarcastic "nice tassels!" when she saw the Young Bucks

There was also a "whose that twat?!" later on during the MJF/Cody angle when she spotted someone in the crowd wearing a blue mask

10 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Wow, that Cody/MJF angle really was something special.

Absolutely. I can’t remember the last angle that’s left such a lasting impression on me. I’ve thought about it loads since watching it. I can’t say enough good things about it. The acting of Cody was off the charts, the tension and drama was incredible and the fact I’m still not sure whether the fan who attacked MJF was a plant or not speaks volumes for how visceral the whole thing was.

Plus, in that ten second moment where she came down before his last lashing, Brandi Rhodes delivered more than she has done in months doing the shitty Nightmare Collective thing. She’s infinitely more effective as Cody’s babyface manager so I’m over the moon to see they’ve finally killed that gimmick off. 

Thank fuck for that.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Absolutely. I can’t remember the last angle that’s left such a lasting impression on me. I’ve thought about it loads since watching it. I can’t say enough good things about it. The acting of Cody was off the charts, the tension and drama was incredible and the fact I’m still not sure whether the fan who attacked MJF was a plant or not speaks volumes for how visceral the whole thing was.

Plus, in that ten second moment where she came down before his last lashing, Brandi Rhodes delivered more than she has done in months doing the shitty Nightmare Collective thing. She’s infinitely more effective as Cody’s babyface manager so I’m over the moon to see they’ve finally killed that gimmick off. 

Thank fuck for that.

It wasn’t a plant or a fan, it was Frankie Kazarian from SCU

They said on commentary that everyone was running out of the back as MJF & Wardlow were dashing out through the crowd, so presumably Kazarian made it up to them. It was some great heel work. The match is going to be very hot. 

If Jericho had taken a counter-offer from Vince, and Ambrose had been allowed to swap the gas mask for an eye patch in WWE and stuck around... what would the top end of the AEW card look like? At the time when Tony and the boys decided to set up the company, they can’t have known for sure that those two would be available. But it’s hard to imagine how the shows would look without them. Jericho in particular, because who would have been the top heel? Neville wasn’t available at first.

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Ambrose had been allowed to swap the gas mask for an eye patch in WWE

What a stupid way to condense the hours of venting Moxely has done on pod casts. AEW are lucky that he wanted to carry on working after the way the Vince and the WWE system broke him down 

2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

What a stupid way to condense the hours of venting Moxely has done on pod casts. AEW are lucky that he wanted to carry on working after the way the Vince and the WWE system broke him down 

😂😂😂

I'm starting to feel bad for shitting on Havoc so much but fuck, that Dexter wannabe promo on "Road To" will be one of the worst and least convincing promos of the year.

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

I reckon the main heel would have been Pentagon Jr. 

That's what I'm really waiting for. He's one of my favourite heels in the business.

14 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

If Jericho had taken a counter-offer from Vince, and Ambrose had been allowed to swap the gas mask for an eye patch in WWE and stuck around... what would the top end of the AEW card look like? At the time when Tony and the boys decided to set up the company, they can’t have known for sure that those two would be available. But it’s hard to imagine how the shows would look without them. Jericho in particular, because who would have been the top heel? Neville wasn’t available at first.

I don't think AEW would have even happened without Jericho.

If it did, I imagine Cody, Omega and eventually PAC would be the top few, or else there'd be more focus on the tag division as the main event scene.

6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I'm starting to feel bad for shitting on Havoc so much but fuck, that Dexter wannabe promo on "Road To" will be one of the worst and least convincing promos of the year.

He want's you to suffer. And you certainly will once you sit through this nonsense (starts at the beginning of Jimmy's promo)

Edited by Hannibal Scorch