Jump to content
MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Recommended Posts

Very impressed with both Hangman Page and Cody on this show. Page was by far the most interesting part of that eight man tag match, even when they were in the 'everyone get their shit in' phases of the match I still had an eye on him, I believed the knee selling, and loved the finish of the match. Only downer for him the whole night was the crowd cheering when he magicked up the pitcher. The story's that he's becoming alcohol-dependent, right? Probably not meant to cheer that, but this is coming from me who never liked or understood Austin's obsession with beer either.

The closing angle was brilliantly done. I wasn't anticipating it, I didn't know how they could do it and it not come across as cheesy. I've been watching WWE too long. Wonderful drama, and Cody is such an asset to that company.

Add me to the thumbs down list for all the eye stabbing, x 10,000 for the teeth being pulled out angle. No, no, no. Don't need that. Those were gimmicked, right? Someone please reassure me they didn't pull out her actual teeth.

Pac's been to the tanning bed, hasn't he? Much as I'm not up for Omega in AEW, him and Pac in a 30-minute Iron Man should be fantastic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to do a video segment of Yuka going to a dentist.

POV view from Yuka in the chair then a grinning Britt pops up and it fades to black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Only downer for him the whole night was the crowd cheering when he magicked up the pitcher. The story's that he's becoming alcohol-dependent, right? Probably not meant to cheer that, but this is coming from me who never liked or understood Austin's obsession with beer either.

 

Always guessed its because alcohol is seen as something 'edgier' over there. Teenagers, due the higher age restrictions, look at it as some kind of unobtainable narnia and doesn't seem to be as engrained in their culture in the same way as it is in the British Isles and parts of Europe, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Always guessed its because alcohol is seen as something 'edgier' over there. Teenagers, due the higher age restrictions, look at it as some kind of unobtainable narnia and doesn't seem to be as engrained in their culture in the same way as it is in the British Isles and parts of Europe, for example.

The other side to this is that Page is beering it up and still kicking ass, so of course he's getting cheers. Beer magic, swigging during run ins, and toasting the fans is great fun, but it'll be interesting to see what happens when (if?) he starts failing in matches because of it. Like Kenny last 'season', I hope this goes somewhere concrete storyline-wise, but if a payoff is coming for Kenny's apparent complacent-from-Japan angle, it's either benched for now, forgotten or far too subtle for my non-BTE-watching ass to spot, and I REALLY hope Page's current run is leading to a classic fall and redemption arc finally achieving his dream of taking the top title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

whats weird about that?

It's nothing huge, but it's about not talking differently about women in matches. "These two male athletes" would sound weird too.

Based on the way he corrected himself, I think they've been asked to avoid talking like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Very impressed with both Hangman Page and Cody on this show. Page was by far the most interesting part of that eight man tag match, even when they were in the 'everyone get their shit in' phases of the match I still had an eye on him, I believed the knee selling, and loved the finish of the match. Only downer for him the whole night was the crowd cheering when he magicked up the pitcher. The story's that he's becoming alcohol-dependent, right? Probably not meant to cheer that, but this is coming from me who never liked or understood Austin's obsession with beer either.

It is, but I don't think it's the drink that's the issue - that's a symptom, and it's what the Bucks and Kenny are misunderstanding. The issue is that he feels like his friends secretly don't like him, and that he let everyone down by losing to Jericho.

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Add me to the thumbs down list for all the eye stabbing, x 10,000 for the teeth being pulled out angle. No, no, no. Don't need that. Those were gimmicked, right? Someone please reassure me they didn't pull out her actual teeth.

You could briefly see Aubrey Edwards pass her something as she started selling, and they cut away. I thought that was brilliant, by the way - genuinely icky and unpleasant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Echo all the praise for the lashings. February,¬†and between this and Orton/Edge, that‚Äôs already two all time¬†angles this year.¬†Great time for wrestling! And I needed this from Cody,¬†a reminder of what a tremendous babyface he is.¬†Dustin, Arn and -¬†yes! -¬†Brandi especially, all helped drive this thing over the top. Nice¬†to see this feud heated up again. After¬†weeks of being booked¬†like any mid-card scrub,¬†MJF looked like the biggest bastard in wrestling again. The¬†nut-shot¬†and the ‚Äėfan‚Äô jumping him¬†in the stands were genius touches.

Other thoughts - Glad they let Santana speak. Him and Ortiz are too good to waste in the background. More of that!

Lol at Joey Janela going all fighting spirit and no-selling a kicking. Fuck off.

Britt Baker is 10x better as a heel and the match was mercifully short. 

I’m not keen on the interview fake-out thing they always do to set up angles. A few more interviews going through as planned would be nice. Is Kenny Omega shit scared to get on the live mic? I was really looking forward to what he had to say. The PAC thing . . . Christ. They couldn’t have made Riho look more like an idiot. That’s four months she’s been standing around like a lemon waiting for a chance to talk.

The turnaround for Adam Page has been awesome. I hope this is a case where they adapt and go with the audience. Nobody wants to boo this guy, let alone feel sorry for him. Just let him do Cowboy Shit and be a cool relatable badass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

The PAC thing . . . Christ. They couldn’t have made Riho look more like an idiot. That’s four months she’s been standing around like a lemon waiting for a chance to talk.

Forgot about that.

Yeah Riho just standing there like a Deer in the headlights wasn't a good look. I get why they used her in that segment but she's clearly not suited to stuff like that.

I'm assuming that her English isn't up to much or it's a massive swerve and she ends up cutting the next Austin 3:16 promo.

Nah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Britt Baker is 10x better as a heel

You’re probably right, but that would still make her terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From South Town? Sakazaki likes her Fatal Fury/Art Of Fighting. 

Britt Baker really is dreadful. It looks like they cut chunks out of the match. That shot with the ring bell was terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Britt Baker is in the wrong company. There's sparks of her where you can see potential among the shite, but you are sort of thrown to the wolves live on TNT. She would have benefited from a year or two training with Shawn Michaels, Robbie Brookside and Sara Del Ray and then working NXT for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to throw this out there, but after watching the past two episodes of Dynamite, I'm going to throw it out there that Christopher Daniel's is the worst actor in the whole of professional wrestling at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...