MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

How is Statlander's gimmick played on the Indies? Is she actually supposed to be an alien? It sounds like a fun idea but in typical AEW fashion nothing has ever been explained and it's almost as if they threw her on TV before deciding whether they actually wanted to use the gimmick or not.

Being stuck on that boat would be my idea of hell, and I bet it stunk to high heaven, but the set for tonight's Dynamite show on the Jericho Cruise looks bloody brilliant. Pic in spoiler tags just in case.

image.thumb.png.ac388ff80bd5cbfceb9880ef7aaa95a5.png

Edited by Supremo

8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Am I right in thinking that Dynamite was taped last night to avoid the chance of the possibility of technical difficulties/the live feed dying

That would be my guess. But Cody announced it will be live from the boat on next years cruise today

I really hope someone gets thrown off the side of the boat at some point. Please God let this happen. 

40 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I really hope someone gets thrown off the side of the boat at some point. Please God let this happen. 

I think more than one person mentioned this on Twitter and Jericho replied to one with 'They would literally die'... which is a fair point.
Have to agree that set up looks fucking cool and, no spoilers, but the show this week does sound pretty decent. 

9 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I think more than one person mentioned this on Twitter and Jericho replied to one with 'They would literally die'... which is a fair point.
Have to agree that set up looks fucking cool and, no spoilers, but the show this week does sound pretty decent. 

Unless of course they were an alien and this unlocked their secret powers of teleportation........ 

If you stabbed Jon Moxley in the eye with a spike he would literally go blind, too. It's pro-wrestling, work it! Throw a dummy overboard dressed as MJF for all I care!

Edited by Supremo

Just now, Supremo said:

If you stabbed Jon Moxley in the eye with a spike he would literally go blind, too. It's pro-wrestling, work it! Throw a dummy overboard dressed as MJF for all I care!

Whoa, chill. You REALLY want to see someone get thrown overboard, I get it. 

One thing AEW has definitely killed for me is the cutter. Feels like nearly the entire roster is busting the move out.

Same with the destroyer but I've never been a big fan of that move anyway.

Put the belt on him

All Elite Wrestling is expanding its roster as NJPW (New Japan Pro-Wrestling) star Lance Archer is reportedly in talks with the promotion. 

This is according to a report by Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated. It was noted that AEW confirmed to the media outlet that Archer is in high-level talks with the company.

Put the belt on him

Edited by TildeGuy~!

This week's Dynamite was probably the most I've enjoyed an episode. Wasn't perfect but it's fun to watch something that felt different but still had meaning. Plus I can't fault the crowd. Overall it was a nice change from the generally stale nature of weekly wrestling products.

16 hours ago, Supremo said:

How is Statlander's gimmick played on the Indies? Is she actually supposed to be an alien? It sounds like a fun idea but in typical AEW fashion nothing has ever been explained and it's almost as if they threw her on TV before deciding whether they actually wanted to use the gimmick or not.

I saw her on a couple of indy shows late last year and I had no idea her gimmick was that of an alien.  So either, it wasn't presented as such, or they did a really bad job of presenting it as such.  To me at those shows, her gimmick was - wrestler.  Bloody good one mind, but I had no impression of any kind of character.

* When SCU hit that big assisted DDT, did someone (prime suspect being JR) let off a massive fart?

* Don’t ever give Britt Baker a microphone ever again

* MJF’s fake tan! State of it!

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Name dropping Stardom was both unexpected and awkward.

Hell's favourite harlot sounds indie as fuck imo. Brit is a bust even as a heel.

Coming around to insecure Adam Page.Still not a fan of the boozing but can't deny that crowd surfing while having a drink was a good visual.