MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

I'm in the habit of watching it on Thursday evenings. A couple of years ago, Wrestlemania becoming roughly 3 days long finally killed off my interest in watching anything live late-night. It's become so easy to watch things on-demand that I rarely watch anything live these days.

There's plenty of things I'm enjoying on the weekly show but nothing I'm feeling is must see to the point where I'm avoiding spoilers or rushing to watch it.

Personally I still care more about what's happening on NXT so I still prioritise watching that first.

For all the good on the show I just can't get over them hiring Dr Luther and putting him on national TV in 2020, even at his hight in FMW he was someone I never cared to watch.  Absolute shitehawk.

Darby vs Pac was great, liked the Mox angle and Page had nailed those lost puppy dog looks if that's what he's going for.. I'm fine with the Dark Order leader, he's someone who can talk well but I hope he has a stylist that makes him not look like a sack of shit.

Just now, Merzbow said:

he's someone who can talk well but I hope he has a stylist that makes him not look like a sack of shit.

He'll use the same one that makes Jericho look good on TV. Oh.

I’m probably going to get accused of hating on AEW for the sake of it, but the only positive thing I have to say about last night’s utterly tedious show is that it’s nice to hear them use the word ‘hospital’ rather than ‘local medical facility’

20 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m probably going to get accused of hating on AEW for the sake of it, but the only positive thing I have to say about last night’s utterly tedious show is that it’s nice to hear them use the word ‘hospital’ rather than ‘local medical facility’

The started saying "local medical facility" to avoid the poor bastards at the local hospital dealing with loony wrestling fans. Very noble.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

The started saying "local medical facility" to avoid the poor bastards at the local hospital dealing with loony wrestling fans. Very noble.

Hah, I didn’t know that. I thought it was one of those weird McMahon-speak quirks!

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Also, somebody fiddled with audio levels and found out who the secret leader of the Dark Order is;

Reveal hidden contents

Can this promotion get any more TNA? Bringing back Raven and having their disguised spoiler unraveled instantly by armchair audiophiles? Christ.

Oh...goody

So have WWE let the trademark for Bash at the Beach lapse? I would’ve thought they’d have that under lock & key with all the other WCW trademarks

So Mels a wrestler now, no longer just randomer from the crowd, and JR actively telling people “if you don’t know who Luther is, do some research” to cover the lazy writing, these are exactly the kind of things they should be making promo pieces for, and in turn you can trim matches so that their not all going 15ish minutes.

Saying that, it was still a better show than last week, Cody’s Don Johnson cosplay was a giggle although the promo was a bit flat.

Mox/Guevara was good and the beat down afterwards made sense and they did actually mention about Mox being a billy-no-mate’s, thinking that JR can be good when he wants to be, to then 5 minutes later come out with ”Well we we know that Cody has accepted the stipulations laid forth by Matthew Jakid Friedman”

Really enjoyed the PAC/Allin match and am looking forward to PAC v Long Jon Moxley

Enjoyable show.

Opening four way and both number one contender matches delivered and the six man tag was fine.

Mixed feelings on the Hangman stuff. Enjoying him becoming more distant from The Elite but the boozing aspect is a bit shit imo.

Woman's tag match was barely passable and never should have gone that long. Wasn't Kong originally meant to be in the match?

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I'm fine with the Dark Order leader, he's someone who can talk well but I hope he has a stylist that makes him not look like a sack of shit.

In fairness, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that they got said individual to record the voice-over as a red herring, knowing a large chunk of their fan base has the sort of time and energy needed to mess with the audio distortion. If it's not a misdirect, well |I suppose we'll have to see how that pans out but I don;t have high hopes for this angle.

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

In fairness, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that they got said individual to record the voice-over as a red herring, knowing a large chunk of their fan base has the sort of time and energy needed to mess with the audio distortion. If it's not a misdirect, well |I suppose we'll have to see how that pans out but I don;t have high hopes for this angle.

Thing with that is, the person in question is quite a famous and popular wrestler to the modern fanbase. If they had Lanny Poffo doing the misdirection, I'd get it. But it makes to much sense with the gimmick and everything. And he'd probably make a good manager.

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

Isn't that exactly what TNA did with axes and eights? They had this distorted voice that when you played with it was obviously Eric bischoff, but obviously that wasn't the end result.