MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Really enjoyed the 'Road to Memphis' special. The music video for the Rhodes Bros and Lucha Bros was simple but effective. And the stuff with Jurassic Express was great. The simplicity of the 'boy and his dinosaur' bit was always fun, but the explanation of the thinking behind the characters was lovely. And it's made me like Marko Stunt more than I was expecting to. Loving that group. 

Recorded last week's show and put it on last night. The shot of the commentary team comes up and my wife goes "isn't that Phil Mitchell?" 

Nice tease on Dark this week (only 33 minutes long) when Daniels stalled hitting his moonsault because of the recent botches.Just doubting his ability. Though it was a nice call back.

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

That Jon Moxley is a hoot, isn't he?

Uh, that was Dean Ambrose. Jon Moxley is in Japan.

Brandi Rhodes has worse go-away heat than anyone in the business. Even Baron Corbin feels like an effective heel compared to her. Also absolutely hated how Dean Ambrose-y Mox felt in that main event segment.

After such a great show last week, this felt like a massive step backwards again. Three factions doing the same recruitment storyline on a two hour show. Fuck me. 

Not seen this weeks yet but I liked how Jericho referenced three factions all recruiting last week. Again, it's something that could be addressed easily enough by saying that all three groups are trying to build a strong position in the early days of the company to establish dominance, that would at least give some reasoning. Without any explanation it just looks like lazy writing.

Over in NWA Strictly Business managed to recruit Scott Steiner that's the recruiting war of 2020 done right there!  All these other factions should just give up now!

Edited by Bohan

31 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Not seen this weeks yet but I liked how Jericho referenced three factions all recruiting last week. Again, it's something that could be addressed easily enough by saying that all three groups are trying to build a strong position in the early days of the company to establish dominance, that would at least give some reasoning. Without any explanation it just looks like lazy writing.

To be honest that's how I took it anyway, just common sense, why wouldn't all these factions want to keep recruiting? 

I'm not sure everything needs explaining down to the finest detail.

13 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Over in NWA... 

Hadn't got round to watching yet, man. Might want to remove that spoiler for others. 

22 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Nice tease on Dark this week (only 33 minutes long) when Daniels stalled hitting his moonsault because of the recent botches.Just doubting his ability. Though it was a nice call back.

Interesting news about why Dark was so short this week, they had a tag match with Billy Gunn teaming with his son Austin against Shawn Spears and some random guy called Preston Vance, (originally it was to be against Proud and Powerful), that many thought was taped for the show but turns out it was a true ‘dark’ match intended as a tryout for Austin which seems to have gone well

58 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Hadn't got round to watching yet, man. Might want to remove that spoiler for others. 

Corrected, my bad sorry pal!

40 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Interesting news about why Dark was so short this week, they had a tag match with Billy Gunn teaming with his son Austin against Shawn Spears and some random guy called Preston Vance, (originally it was to be against Proud and Powerful), that many thought was taped for the show but turns out it was a true ‘dark’ match intended as a tryout for Austin which seems to have gone well

Yes. It may air on the next dark, but they have now announced Austin Gunn has been signed.