MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Is the ramp up to the ring a new thing or just for that show?

One of the guys on commentary slurping on their drinking straight down the mic during Cody's promo was fucking amatuer. As was their phone vibrating on the desk constantly during the opening 6-man tag.

WWE has commentators not slurping on their drinks during promos, and not leaving their phones vibrating on the desk. This is an alternative.

They could be slurping on each other and it'd still be better than Vince McMahon's words filtered through Michael Cole or Mauro screaming for two hours.

I continue to find the shows to be fine to sit through. No show ever made was completely perfect through every single minute of it, and most shows are a half or a quarter what they have to produce.  For me they are delivering something I enjoy watching, and don’t feel the need to tear apart. If I did I’d just watch something else 

I really enjoyed the Jurassic Express/Inner Circle segment. Luchasaurus and Sammy Guevara had a great match that highlighted both their strengths, wasn’t too long, didn’t have loads of near falls and had the right result. I liked the little twist on “Inner Circle runs in for a non-finish” by them not getting there in time. The brawl afterwards was great, the crowd were really into it, and I’m looking forward a lot to the 10 Minute Challenge next week. Job done.

Oh, and Jericho was excellent on commentary, made everyone sound good. I enjoyed he and JR taking advantage of Excalibur not being there to really put over Jungle Boy as Hollywood royalty Jack Perry. That is your story, AEW, use it!

The rest of the show I could give or take, though I thought Omega looked better than he has in a while.

As much as I’m not into their style I hope the Young Bucks capitalise on the bit of steam they’ve got going and pick up the tag straps next week. Could finally be the spark the tag team division has needed to get off the ground.

I enjoyed Dynamite this week. The same problems are still there but a strong group of stars can elevate a show. Jericho, Cody, Moxley and MJF are enough to draw me in. The latter two in particular are on fire at the minute. I fucking love MJF.

47 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

What do people think of Page?  I don't quite get the interest though he is solid. 

I really like him as a tag worker but don’t see main event potential yet. ‘Cowboy Shit’ is a good start, but he’ll need more than shaking his arm and staring blankly into the distance to get over as a top guy.

They seem to be building a heel turn, or at least a tweener turn for him - he notably left Kenny hanging a few times in their match, then tagged himself in for the win. 

If not a full turn, at least a character development. They've been getting across how much the losses to Jericho and Pac bothered him. 

The Elite was originally Kenny and The Young Bucks as a trio when they were Never Openweight 6 Man Tag Champions

With Cody, Hangman and Scurll joining up once they were all kicked out of the Bullet Club, Ibushi also joined for a short time.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Still love the Dark Order stuff.

Still somewhat interested in where the Brandi storyline is going but it's definitely nosedived since she started cutting promos.

Riho surely has to be dropping the belt soon right? Unless she picks AEW over Stardom (where she also holds a title) they can't keep the belt on someone that is commited to extended tours in another country.

Saying that though she's been horribly underwhelming in Stardom and I'd be fine if she fucked off from there. Their roster is pretty stacked now anyway.

People explaining who The Elite are in this thread completely miss the point. It shouldn’t have to he explained on message forums, it should be explained on the actual show. Where the fuck’s the drama in Adam Page leaving a faction that’s never even been featured as a unit on TV? It’s that type of assumed knowledge that’s still an absolute killer for AEW. That and Brandi Rhodes.

Thats some weird thinking, noone is explaining it thinking posting on a little board is the way it should be done. No point is missed.

I can't speak for Tilde but I'm pretty sure they'd also agree to AEW should be doing it themselves on TV.

47 minutes ago, Supremo said:

People explaining who The Elite are in this thread completely miss the point. It shouldn’t have to he explained on message forums, it should be explained on the actual show. Where the fuck’s the drama in Adam Page leaving a faction that’s never even been featured as a unit on TV? It’s that type of assumed knowledge that’s still an absolute killer for AEW. That and Brandi Rhodes.

I'm really liking Luchasaurus but I think there's a thin line there, I'm worried things could get a little too cute which could be a detriment to him being made into a huge deal. They really need to keep him looking like a legit threat and not a full comedy character.

Edited by Merzbow