The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Paid Members

Just a bit bland this week I thought. They kept everything moving towards where they're going (Jericho/Moxley, Cody/MJF, Spears/Janela, Dustin/Hager) but none of it was done in a particularly interesting way. 

Liked Moxley crushing a jobber, Luchasaurus getting a big win and focus, the continued tease of a Page heel turn, MJF on the mic (always) and chaotic main event.

They need to bin the win/loss shit. It's rubbish. Sammy G has lost every match. That doesn't particularly matter, he's a cocky twat who's association with Jericho keeps him relevant but don't hammer home that he's a loser. If you're going to have number one contender matches that don't take into account rankings or wins and losses then fine, but bin them.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

I don't know whether it was that episode being the first bit of wrestling that I've watched in quite a while, but I enjoyed that. The two hours flew by.

The women's match was still too long and lost the crowd in the middle, and this Brandi stuff is still a bit shit, but I liked everything else. I've also got a feeling that the mystery man next to Brandi will be revealed as Joey Mercury.

7 hours ago, Supremo said:

Remember Tony Khan saying we'd never see the shitty invisible camera?

Also, nothing kills your no-DQ main event quite like someone in your co-main event hitting his opponent in the face with a mobile telephone right in front of the ref and not being disqualified.

I probably champion this company more than most but the cracks are definitely starting to show and it absolutely feels like they've plateaued in terms of listening and adapting.

Really disappointing.

It's the same w their tags though. No rules. If referees don't enforce rules surely there's no point. Rules make up a fair bit of psychology and have mad rushes w no tagging in just kill it. 

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Remember Tony Khan saying we'd never see the shitty invisible camera?

As far as the invisible camera goes, I’ve taken the intent of the Dark Order vignettes to be that they are recruitment adverts, meaning the participants in them know they’re being filmed. If that’s not the intention it’s a bit silly, it’s certainly not been made clear.

All in all I really enjoyed the show this week. There are stil definite issues and logic gaps (including Jericho saying he was ‘being forced to defend the title one last time in 2019’, yet for some reason whoever decreed this is fine with him wrestling a 10 minute match instead) but overall it was an enjoyable watch.

The Brandi stuff is still terrible. She’s a great promo, but this gimmick seems beyond salvage to me. 

34 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

What qualifies her to do any kind of wrestling broadcast job? They need to stop with hire a friend practices. 

This is Lexy? To be fair, she did a good job, in my opinion. And she's alright to look at, which I assume is the reason she got hired (aside from being DDP's daughter, in need of a job, obviously).