MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Would they even want him or trust him in WWE? I know there's one thing to try and fuck with AEW but would they want someone who's clearly close with the guys? It's a difficult one. Hire him and basically have him sit at home. Or use him well and show any unsettled AEW guys that there's a potential place for them elsewhere. Or just ignore him basically.

29 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Would they even want him or trust him in WWE? I know there's one thing to try and fuck with AEW but would they want someone who's clearly close with the guys? It's a difficult one. Hire him and basically have him sit at home. Or use him well and show any unsettled AEW guys that there's a potential place for them elsewhere. Or just ignore him basically.

I don't see why they wouldn't trust him, what's he likely to do? Draw AEW in the air live on an NXT Takeover?

If they aren’t going straight into MJF/Cody it reeks very much of the way WWE dodged an immediate Bryan/Miz feud upon Bryan’s return to the ring. By the time they get round to it, it may very well have cooled off to the point there’s no interest in it.

Plus why would Cody give more of a shit about two randoms  attacking him as opposed to his storyline best friend betraying him? If it’s ‘fuck the personal feud for now because this happened more recently’ I’ll be a bit disappointed. I hope they don’t take that route.

40 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Trust him? He isn't going to have that much sway surely? Most people can separate personal and professional. Isn't Cole a friend of most of the AEW guys? 

He's going out with Britt Baker

1 hour ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Shag underage girls?

Jerry Lawler didnt react well when Harley Race was given the King gimmick, he'll be fucking furious at this.

6 hours ago, Philjax said:

Who is responsible for training Bea Priestley? It's rhetorical as I assume nobody did. One of the all time worst. Stadtlander on the other hand has bags of potential. She was good on Dark the other week too.

Yup, Priestley was terrible again.  A liability in the ring and gets worse every time I see her wrestle.

According to the Observer Statlander was supposed to be in the next NXT class but there was some delay and AEW got in there first.  Good signing as they could do with some decent non-Japanese female wrestlers.

On 11/30/2019 at 2:17 AM, kidzero said:

Isn't mjf married to an indy wrestler called that. 

No - he and Allie Kat/Stray Kat were an item, she moved halfway across the country to be with him, and then he almost immediately broke up with her and left her completely fucked over and basically homeless. 

On 11/30/2019 at 4:59 PM, Philjax said:

Who is responsible for training Bea Priestley? It's rhetorical as I assume nobody did. One of the all time worst. Stadtlander on the other hand has bags of potential. She was good on Dark the other week too.

Travis Banks and Will Ospreay trained her. Her biggest problem is that she'd probably be fine if she kept things simple, but she reaches for more ambitious things than she's comfortably capable of, and fairly consistently fucks them up. Throw in unprofessional shit like sandbagging Sadie Gibbs in the Battle Royal, and a reputation for working stiff for no reason, and I can't see any reason to keep her as a main focal point of the division unless it's purely as a bargaining chip for when Ospreay's contract comes up. She also has no real character to speak of, and always feels like she's playing a part, doing what she thinks A Heel Wrestler would do that in situation, rather than feeling like an actual human being. That they've had Jamie Hayter on the show, when she's basically everything Bea does but done better, yet still persist with pushing Priestley is infuriating.

Stadtlander is great, though, and the tag match on Dynamite left me wanting to see her and Emi Sakura in a singles match, rather than Emi being dragged down by Bea. 

25 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

No - he and Allie Kat/Stray Kat were an item, she moved halfway across the country to be with him, and then he almost immediately broke up with her and left her completely fucked over and basically homeless. 

MJF's really living the gimmick isn't he? 

Just now, The King of Old School said:

Has the shine gone already for this?

The viewership was pretty poor this week.

You should see my twitter feed. Apparently “viewership doesn’t matter” so long as you do better in the 18-49. It’s amazing how much people have learned about viewing demographics in the last 9 weeks. One guy even told me that the numbers were wrong, but stopped short of telling if that had been a 2 week phenomena or if the 7 previous weeks were wrong also

5 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Has the shine gone already for this?

The viewership was pretty poor this week.

As their audience skews younger, something like Thanksgiving Eve is more likely to hurt them than NXT which has an older audience. Evidence of that will only come if it rebounds next week. But yeah, very poor number. Can't blame the poor show either, it was coming off a decent one the week before.