PukNwsr.jpg

cz8Ii40.jpg

oWVQXHm.jpg

fNOsNn6.jpg

kXeIdcM.jpg

OzxzJuI.jpg

Fh20jCt.jpg

mVwZUTT.jpg

Meltzer saying Omega and Moxley wasn’t very good and he didn’t like but still gave it 4 and half stars sums him up. I’ve forgotten most of what happened in that match besides the mousetraps and the barbed wire bed they landed on off the stage.

4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Right, let’s get to it.

Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley at Full Gear was the most disappointing match in as long as I can remember. Two of my favourites set to have a match of the year candidate, and what do they do instead? Have a shitty CZW match straight out of Tournament of Death in the mid 2000s, where about two thirds of the match consisted of them cluelessly looking under ring curtains because they couldn’t find the next gimmick to use. If this was the type of match Mox wanted with Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania then no wonder Brock told him to fuck off. They’re lucky Rene Young was losing her mind on Twitter fearing for her husband’s wellbeing because that was about the only dramatic or interesting thing about it.

On the plus side though absolutely everything else about AEW is firing on all cylinders at the moment, Darby Allin is the next Jeff Hardy, MJF is the greatest, Chris Jericho is nothing short of spectacular and that last episode of Dynamite was one of the best pro wrestling TV shows in years.  

I've not watched the Moxley v Omega match back yet, but I loved it live. Such a polarising match - like marmite.

1 minute ago, MPDTT said:

I've not watched the Moxley v Omega match back yet, but I loved it live. Such a polarising match - like marmite.

Because they both stink?

I don't really get the Darby Allin hype. I find the whole skateboarding thing a bit cringe and his little denim hotpants look like something he bought from a Kylie carboot. He seems like he's trying too hard to be "down with the kids".

Pentagon and Rey Fenix on the other hand. Give them all the belts.

Darby's the one who will have the teenage emo girls buying up tonnes of merch, dressing up as him to events like the old Jeff Hardy fangirls did.

He has an entire demographic behind him.

I made it to the episode after Full Gear but I think that'll be it for me now. I simply haven't the time for tag matches that go 20+ minutes with no sense of rules, clearly choreographed spots etc. I don't mind flippy shit as long as there is a story and context and their tag scene is the shits. They really do have such a shallow talent roster for a backer with over a billion in the bank. I watched Takeover last night for the first time in years and it was brilliant. You can really tell that in the WWE they train their talent properly and it really shows. The AEW women's division really is the shits compared to the girls in the opener last night. Its night and day. I actually like a lot of the stuff involving MJF, the matches Cody has had have been brilliant (i.e. Jericho and Dustin matches) and I was a long-time Omega fan but even he can't keep me hooked. Its a shame because I wanted an alternative but I guess I'll just start watching NXT a bit I guess and catch some old matches from back in the good ol days. 

AEW need to change the following to get me on board...

Stop with the 20+ minute matches

Bin Marko Stunt and Jimmy Havoc 

Hire wrestlers that look like wrestlers.. no disrespect to Allin etc but at least Ricochet etc look like wrestlers to a degree

Sort out your rules and stick to them - none of this 1000mph paced spot fests with no psychology. I like a good spot fest but it HAS to be in context of the rules and a match. 

It continues to amaze me how Chris Jericho manages to keep reinventing himself and making sure he stays relevant. Even his theme music has grown on me. 

There's some great stuff going on with AEW at the moment. Going off their early shows before they got TV, I wasn't expecting to be able to stick with Dynamite at all, but it feels ten times easier to watch than the WWE shows at the moment. 

Sure there's some glaring things that I'm not a fan of, but it doesn't feel stale and repetitive yet, which makes the show breeze by a lot quicker. 

Omega Vs Moxley though. That was a turd. I'm not seeing it with Omega at all. 

Cory Rhodes, the Inner Circle, PAC, MJF, Dustin (he's not involved enough, they need to find more for him to do on screen) Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, Scorpio Sky, are all folks I'm looking forward to seeing each week. 

Private Party need farmed out to other promotions as much as possible to get more matches under their belt. They are dreadfully green and I haven't liked a match yet that they have been involved in. 

I get the feeling Pentagon and Fenix may bring out the worst in each other. I would give them each a singles program to sink their teeth into for a while and see how they fare out. 

They could do with finding a way for Tully Blanchard to cut more promos as well. Let him say what he wants about that useless lump Joey Janela and I can't see how it wouldn't be good TV. 

Edited by WeeAl

Dave saying that AEW won the week’s rating when they didn’t has been a real highlight this week. I know there’s the 18-49 demographic and all that jazz, but it’s the total number that matters. If NXT got 25 million 50+ year old watching and AEW had 4 18-49 year olds watching, AEW didn’t win no how much you try and spin it

Even though they lost to NXT their viewership wasn't even down much right? Read about a 6000 drop.

Unless we hit another boom period or they shit the bed I reckon AEW will probably stay where they currently are, with a spike and dip here and there.

2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Meltzer saying Omega and Moxley wasn’t very good and he didn’t like but still gave it 4 and half stars sums him up. I’ve forgotten most of what happened in that match besides the mousetraps and the barbed wire bed they landed on off the stage.

To be fair, he has explained multiple times that his star ratings aren’t based on what he likes. 

1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

They really do have such a shallow talent roster for a backer with over a billion in the bank.

Just because he has the family billions doesn't mean he is going to use the family billions on a hobby.  

13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Dave saying that AEW won the week’s rating when they didn’t has been a real highlight this week. I know there’s the 18-49 demographic and all that jazz, but it’s the total number that matters. If NXT got 25 million 50+ year old watching and AEW had 4 18-49 year olds watching, AEW didn’t win no how much you try and spin it

Yeah this has been amazing to see. Dave's narrative has either been 'It wasnt really an NXT show because of all the Raw/Smackdown talent on it' and the aforementioned '.. well AEW actually won if you consider the availability of hones and the 18-30 demo'.

Dave mate, seriously, just stop....