Jump to content
MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah I hope they manage to avoid the 'people come down and talk and then a match gets made' thing that happens on Raw and Smackdown ALL THE TIME, as if they hadn't booked anything to happen for a lot of the show.

They already have matches booked for the first few weeks of TV I think. A few matches might be impromptu, but I think most will just be announced and then built to. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this Weds night TV show ever going to start, or is this now just a secondary AEW chat thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Loki said:

Is this Weds night TV show ever going to start, or is this now just a secondary AEW chat thread?

2nd October.

Are we getting it live on ITV then do we know or has nothing been announced yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proper brackets with dates and locations of all matches. That's presented like real sports 😉

Not the fucking Bucks and Lucha Bros again though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the fact that we know when all the matches are and we have these brackets well ahead of time.

However, what a lopsided tournament that is, the winners have to be coming from the left hand side.

 

7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Not the fucking Bucks and Lucha Bros again though.

At least they can't meet in the final though, and I'd love it if they gave Jurassic Express a surprise win over the Lucha's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I like the fact that we know when all the matches are and we have these brackets well ahead of time.

However, what a lopsided tournament that is, the winners have to be coming from the left hand side.

 

At least they can't meet in the final though, and I'd love it if they gave Jurassic Express a surprise win over the Lucha's

Yeah. Hopefully the Bucks could cost the Lucha’s the Win or something so they don’t lose momentum, but Jurassic Express need to at least make the finals for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah. Hopefully the Bucks could cost the Lucha’s the Win or something so they don’t lose momentum, but Jurassic Express need to at least make the finals for me. 

Kind of goes against their “Real Sports feel, win & losses matter” mantra though, doesn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Kind of goes against their “Real Sports feel, win & losses matter” mantra though, doesn’t it?

I don't know.

Surely we're going to have somebody cost someone else a match at some point in AEW?

At least the Bucks & Bro's have history with each other, so it would kind of make sense if say the Private Party upset the Bucks in the first match, for a bit of jealousy to overcome them and not wanting there main rivals to be the first ever AEW tag champs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little disappointed. I hoped for a tournament double the size given they still have Angelico/Evans, Santana/Ortiz, the Brotherhood, Stronghearts plus some makeshift teams they could put together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I don't know.

Surely we're going to have somebody cost someone else a match at some point in AEW?

At least the Bucks & Bro's have history with each other, so it would kind of make sense if say the Private Party upset the Bucks in the first match, for a bit of jealousy to overcome them and not wanting there main rivals to be the first ever AEW tag champs?

That would make The Bucks look a right pair of twats, especially if they’re supposed to be faces. I’d just have them steer clear of Lucia Bros for a while.

On the other side of the bracket, you’ve got to assume that Dark Order are going to the final because of the bye, otherwise what was the point? especially considering the convoluted route they took to get there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That would make The Bucks look a right pair of twats, especially if they’re supposed to be faces. I’d just have them steer clear of Lucia Bros for a while.

On the other side of the bracket, you’ve got to assume that Dark Order are going to the final because of the bye, otherwise what was the point? especially considering the convoluted route they took to get there

Yeah fair point.

Although I think I remember reading something with Rhodes or Khan stating that there won't really be any heels/faces in AEW?

Dark Order though, I can see them winning the damn thing unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen that Chris Jericho is going to be on the America’s Got Talent finale. That’s some great exposure for AEW I imagine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

I'm a little disappointed. I hoped for a tournament double the size given they still have Angelico/Evans, Santana/Ortiz, the Brotherhood, Stronghearts plus some makeshift teams they could put together.

I think the route that Dark Order took to get the bye is the very why they haven’t put more teams into it.

Hypothetically, If Santana & Ortiz were in the tournament and win to get to Rd2, they’ve only won one match, yet Dark Order had to win 2 different matches to get to the same point though a supposed advantage

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...