Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Supremo

AEW All Out

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I agreed that the punches were shit, pay attention. I enjoyed¬†the touches like Janela shouting ‚ÄúI‚Äôve waited 14 years‚ÄĚ and the way Darby looked at Havok when he was approached.¬†

Do you not understand what I’m saying? Have you only seen the gif?

Such a wildly passive aggressive post lmao.

I understand what you are saying entirely. I assumed your analogy implied that you were cool with the punches being embarrassing because the rest of the presentation was so strong.

All I am saying is that I disagree, the punches were horrifying but I'm baffled by the whole package that these lads bring to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I agreed that the punches were shit, pay attention. I enjoyed¬†the touches like Janela shouting ‚ÄúI‚Äôve waited 14 years‚ÄĚ and the way Darby looked at Havok when he was approached.¬†

Do you not understand what I’m saying? Have you only seen the gif?

I don't think you're being misunderstood. The fighting being the worst part of a backstage fight makes it pretty hard to take anything from it. Your analogy doesnt work. It's not a problem that the lady doesn't have a pretty face. It's that he's got a big cock and hairy balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a big audience for scrawny lads doing deathmatch?  Legit question.  Because this is a company that wants to build a new brand, so I can see the appeal of guys like Cody and Moxley, Jericho, Omega, Awesome Kong... they all have significant tv time in prominent organisations, bring dedicated fans and the like.

Are Darby Allin and Havok bringing a significant demographic to AEW?  Because if not, I think they might actually put OFF casual wrestling fans or potential fans.  To me, they reek of the Indies in that Johnny Kickpads way.

I reckon AEW need more focus in their product, which will totally come once they start regular tv and see what works and what doesn't.  I still think the lapsed fan, and WWE fan are their biggest potential tv audience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

Anyone seen Punk's interview?

I saw it on the page previous to this one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Loki said:

Is there a big audience for scrawny lads doing deathmatch?  Legit question.  Because this is a company that wants to build a new brand, so I can see the appeal of guys like Cody and Moxley, Jericho, Omega, Awesome Kong... they all have significant tv time in prominent organisations, bring dedicated fans and the like.

Are Darby Allin and Havok bringing a significant demographic to AEW?  Because if not, I think they might actually put OFF casual wrestling fans or potential fans.  To me, they reek of the Indies in that Johnny Kickpads way.

I reckon AEW need more focus in their product, which will totally come once they start regular tv and see what works and what doesn't.  I still think the lapsed fan, and WWE fan are their biggest potential tv audience.

is CZW's Tournament of Death still the biggest death match show in the US? If so, that seems to draw a few hundred people in a field in Delaware which absolutely reeks of bleakness to me. I cant imagine there is a huge number of death match ghouls out there just waiting for recognition.

I guess they just want these guys so they can cover as many styles as possible if they are going for a variety show vibe.

I am cool with brawlers but I would rather they look and work like total bad asses, not the most pathetic man in any given rock club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That brawl's even worse when you see it's setting up a stunt show. Nothing more bush league than little guys who can't fight or throw basic punches falling off of stuff to get heat. Hope Darby Allin doesn't get typecast with these schlubs, that dude has something.

I can't see a single positive in having Jimmy Havoc on weekly PG television. Proper channel changer.

Aside from that the Road to All Out has been fantastic. The Spears story turned out way better than I imagined and I'm over the moon to see Tully Blanchard. Tony Schiavone still looks TV fit, would love to see him stick around in the control center for their television. 

They need Ryback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

That brawl's even worse when you see it's setting up a stunt show. Nothing more bush league than little guys who can't fight or throw basic punches falling off of stuff to get heat. Hope Darby Allin doesn't get typecast with these schlubs, that dude has something.

I can't see a single positive in having Jimmy Havoc on weekly PG television. Proper channel changer.

Aside from that the Road to All Out has been fantastic. The Spears story turned out way better than I imagined and I'm over the moon to see Tully Blanchard. Tony Schiavone still looks TV fit, would love to see him stick around in the control center for their television. 

They need Ryback.

That‚Äôll please the fans ūüėĄ.¬†

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm baffled as to how Jimmy Havok has got a contract for a pro wrestling company, nevermind one as big as AEW. he's the shits. and looks like I could take him down if I wanted to.

 

and I'm incredibly unthreatening, a bit clumsy and spectacularly unfit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can totally see an upside to Allin and Janela beyond doing death matches. Much like everyone else, it’s Havok that baffles me the most. I just don’t see anything in him at all.

Without trying to be a prick, was he actually good on the UK scene? Did he stand out less because everyone else had a bad look or something? I’m genuinely interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Havoc, but his strength comes more in his creativity than in coming across as a hard-man brawler (which isn't his shtick at all). How he works in a more controlled, TV environment remains to be seen, really. 

I did find it interesting that they made a point on the last show of showcasing his technical skills and mat-work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Without trying to be a prick, was he actually good on the UK scene? Did he stand out less because everyone else had a bad look or something? I’m genuinely interested. 

He was super popular in Progress, as he was feuding with management for quite some time, I’ve never been a fan of death match wrestling, he wrestled in a death match tournament in Japan recently(I watch Battleman News, which is a hourly show in Japan on Samurai TV that shows highlights from most shows that week apart from NJPW and has guests on) 

They showed highlights of this Deathmatch tournament, not sure which promotion it was but it was basically a G1 where every match had a different death match stipulation. 

Edit: It was Big Japan Pro Wrestling - the tournament was Deathmatch Survivor.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I can totally see an upside to Allin and Janela beyond doing death matches. Much like everyone else, it’s Havok that baffles me the most. I just don’t see anything in him at all.

Without trying to be a prick, was he actually good on the UK scene? Did he stand out less because everyone else had a bad look or something? I’m genuinely interested. 

From my perspective as somebody who's been watching British wrestling for a while, I think his emergence as one of the "top" guys of the scene was more to do with good timing than anything. His push in PROGRESS is what I think most fans would associate his time in Britwres with, and that occurred whilst PROGRESS were still running their whole "punk rock" mantra - which his character and style aligned perfectly with. I have to give PROGRESS credit as well, they literally booked their whole main event scene around accentuating his strengths (character, promo work, hardcore plunder matches) for a good year and half, which worked a treat because as aforementioned, when you mention the name Jimmy Havoc to someone, their first memory will usually be of that title reign. When PROGRESS really started gaining traction, Havoc was the face of the company, which is obviously going to open up more doors and opportunities etc. However, like most, when taken out of an environment which caters so specifically, and books so meticulously around him, he wasn't really that great. Whilst you've got the likes of Ospreay, Scurll, ZSJ, Dunne etc jetting off around the world, Havoc sort of stagnated, be it through injury or overexposure or no big companies particularly taking much note. If a major company had picked him up during that reign of terror in PROGRESS, I'd be a lot more receptive to it, but now it just feels like they're too late with him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

is CZW's Tournament of Death still the biggest death match show in the US? If so, that seems to draw a few hundred people in a field in Delaware which absolutely reeks of bleakness to me. I cant imagine there is a huge number of death match ghouls out there just waiting for recognition.

Deathmatch wrestling is still strong in the US, and it's mainly due to GCW re-invigorating the genre. They hold two deathmatch tournaments a year, and the venues range from griity-looking punk venues to casinos and even the sodding Starland Ballroom. CZW's TOD in a field looks out of date and bush league by comparison.

32199799937_ebeac47a05_b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Capture1.PNG.f8ef4bcd3d3a59487d7d6ad07afca9e9.PNG

Capture2.PNG.0993cf5355f597fed376ba6bdef34e4f.PNG

So whilst you probably won't see the amount of bloodshed and destruction that happens on these (very popular) shows, the deathmatch guys are working hard to get rid of that stink left by the likes of CZW and IWA-MS.

Jimmy Havoc's inclusion is still pretty baffling to me but they're going to need those popular lower-card guys for the mid-card and above to beat up. Not every wrestler in your company has to be a superstar, but everyone has to be valued otherwise a win over them means nothing.

Edited by Accident Prone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...