AEW All Out

Supremo

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

I also like the little touches they are putting into the single match storylines, like Moxley saying he's going all over Japan to learn Omega's style and tricks. It's simple, but a great way to explain away Moxley's working of the indie scene.

Or, alternatively, it's explaining away Moxley working in Japan for NJPW's G1 Climax tournament. 

• Paid Members

I feel like I'm saying this week in, week out, but these 'Road To...' videos are fantastic. 

The sit-downs with Moxley and Tully were superb. More of this. More is definitely more in this case. If the TV show is two hours, you easily fill a quarter of it with these types of interviews. It's a great pillar to support the product.

Even though the 3-man brawl looked shitty, it got it's fire once Jimmy and Joey were going at it and the refs got involved. Joey screaming "I've worked 14 years for this contract! I'm 0-2!!" whilst Jimmy shouted back some cockney gibberish worked well. I'd prefer a singles match to streamline the story but I'll settle for the triple threat.

Joey vs Jimmy and Joey vs Darby have happened a handful of times all ready (I think Jimmy vs Darby happened on MLW too), and it's always a good time. I expect a lot of stuff that'll make people's eyes roll and plenty of dangerous spots that wankers will tag Cornette in, but I'll be loving every second.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I wonder how much creative freedom the likes of Moxley has in AEW? His character compared to the one he had post Shield in WWE is like night and day, so is it down to the man himself or is there a potential creative genius moulding the character from within the promotion? 

• Paid Members
Just now, Cod Eye said:

I wonder how much creative freedom the likes of Moxley has in AEW? His character compared to the one he had post Shield in WWE is like night and day, so is it down to the man himself or is there a potential creative genius moulding the character from within the promotion? 

I don't think they're doing a great deal with moulding characters at the moment. They seem to have conciously gone out to pick people from the indy scene who they like and are working with the characters, real or gimmicked, that they're employing. Seems a very WCW approach so far.

Yeah, it's certainly a case of Moxley not having to work with whatever 'good shit' Vince is lumbering him with. That freedom is nice and certainly gives a more sink or swim approach to talent.

A guy like Moxley would've worked in WWE far better in the Attitude Era I think, as much as I hate people wanting to go back to that.

43 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Genuinely this might be the worst brawl I've ever seen. Look at those punches.

As AEW has said, it's the "new standard in pro wrestling", brother!

Joey Jenelli and Havok would probably go blind if they ever got to see the inside of a gym. Pretty sure Havok could afford a David Lloyd membership now.

Edited by Seratonin

The brawl was pulled off perfectly other than the punches. The logic, dialogue and facial expressions were all bang on. I imagine swinging wild punches in a backstage between three people is pretty tricky to pull off.

Moxely saved it with a pure money promo though.

Another positive is using that Chris guy for the presenter role. Seems each one is being used as an audition