AEW All Out

Supremo

37 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

We don’t really have any confirmation of that - their pre-shows suggest they don’t really give a shit about making money at this point, their focus is on building a brand. Albeit a rather messy, unfocused brand as of yet, but they’re very new. And they’re doing alright on their big shows just from their existing audience. It might be that establishing AEW as the kind of promotion that has surprises like CM Punk turning up is more important to them than promoting the first CM Punk appearance in advance. 

Whether they did it as a surprise, or promoted the hell out of it beforehand, getting Punk would be a huge deal for them, and I’d hope they’re at least trying their hardest to pull it off.

The downside is, it’s a bit of an uninspiring roster for him to go against. He’s wrestled Jericho loads already. He wrestled the Shield a lot, and I could easily see an insidery “I’m better than you at moaning about WWE” feud with Moxley being a disappointment. Punk vs Omega is the big one for me, but it does seem like Kenny is coming off less and less a star with every show. Hopefully All Out turns it around for him.

CM Punk vs MJF would be fantastic too.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Punk’s Starrcast announcement will ensure that the marks will be chanting ‘CM Punk’ all the way through the show and I for one can’t wait for that. Said no one ever. 

Say what you want about AEW fans, but when it comes to the live shows they've been nothing but brilliant so far. Rowdy and loud all night long, not once trying to get themselves over or do shitty chants. I don't think they'll be chanting, "CM Punk," at all.

2 hours ago, Seratonin said:

CM Punk vs MJF would be fantastic too.

I don't even think I'd need that. I'd happily continue watching AEW without Punk as long as MJF comes out to "Cult of Personality" in Chicago.

It's still staggering to me that the only instance I can think of someone using that idea is when they paraded Heyman out to do a face promo. 

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Pentagon has the perfect “what the fuck is that?” look for posters. As much as I love the Lucha Bros, surely it’s only a matter of time before he’s pushed as a top singles star?

I would assume they will stay as a team at least while the tag team division is being built, right now they are the only pair who can come close to Young Bucks. 

I love them as a team, but I need to see Pentagon on a war path just fucking everyone up for a while. 

• Paid Members

Shitty three-way brawl aside, another good episode, Moxley's promo at the end being the highlight.

Slowly but surely, Moxley is living up the expectations I had for him since leaving WWE. Seems to really be hitting his groove.

It's night and day between this show and Summerslam. The company with no TV at all is doing ten times the job of selling and building up their show.

They really need to keep up with the momentum of actually selling the product, the feuds and the people working for them.

Moxley hasn't become any more talented overnight, for example. He's just been marketed a million times better since being set free. WWE are fully capable of doing decent vignettes and promos etc when they can be arsed but they rarely use any of their air time to do so.

It'll be interesting to see if any of this stuff makes it to the AEW weekly TV show because I think it's important to get as many eyes on it as possible and not just shove the decent stuff online assuming everyone will watch it. So many of WWE's best things are online now and that's not always a good thing.

• Paid Members

The little sub 10 minute shows they are putting out online are great.I am already on board with AEW and can't wait for the weekly show to start, but I can also see it peaking the interest of the oft mentioned "lapsed" fan too. Moxley just looks like a mega star in said videos(especially if you compare to what he looked like in WWE), and they are doing a class 1 job of putting over how big a deal Omega is to those who don't watch any Japanese stuff(like me). 

I also like the little touches they are putting into the single match storylines, like Moxley saying he's going all over Japan to learn Omega's style and tricks. It's simple, but a great way to explain away Moxley's working of the indie scene.

I also thought I'd hate that Darby Allen bloke, but like Janela he's got soemthing about him that makes me want to watch him be a mad bastard.

Still not buying Spears as anything other than a solid lower card hand though...

Edited by Cod Eye