Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Supremo

AEW All Out

Recommended Posts

I've thought that twice in build ups and then he's gone on to wrestle as a heel. Then he wrestled as a face in a match with two other faces, who wrestled as heels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I've thought that twice in build ups and then he's gone on to wrestle as a heel. Then he wrestled as a face in a match with two other faces, who wrestled as heels. 

Yeah, the Allin match is odd. He was clearly a heel in the Dustin feud, appeared to turn at the end and then they were the faces against the Bucks. But the Allin thing ruins the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Yeah, the Allin match is odd. He was clearly a heel in the Dustin feud, appeared to turn at the end and then they were the faces against the Bucks. But the Allin thing ruins the story.

I see it more as he's a tweener, but Brandi's more of a heel than he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cody’s thing is doing old-school feuds that touch on the nostalgia from when people still cared about wrestling storylines. He’s not a strong enough performer as either a heel or a babyface for it to be worth committing to one or the other so far for more than one storyline at a time. The current AEW audience doesn’t really give a shit about heels and babyfaces anyway, and the flip-flopping has allowed him to do stuff that’s been overall the best received of the Elite’s AEW work.

It might become a problem if it’s happening when they’re on TV every week, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There really isn't an excuse for not understanding how the babyface/heel thing works. And if you can't use tweeners properly for fucks sake don't use them and keep it simple.

Honestly I thought Cody was the babyface in his match with Rhodes and came off as a star. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cody has been the best thing about AEW so far. Seems to really understand wrestling. Will probably be a way better booker than in ring performer in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ivelisse announced for the womans battle royale. She's fucking great and a really welcome addition to the roster. They need a few more of the overlooked Lucha Underground talent on the roster for sure. Marty Martinez and Mil Muertes in particular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jazz and Roddy Piper's daughter Teal have also been announced for the Casino Battle Royale.

Should be interesting to see who else they add to it. Jazz and Ivelisse are very good additions, but I'm skeptical about Teal Piper. Anyone know anything of her? Her training?
 

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Ivelisse announced for the womans battle royale. She's fucking great and a really welcome addition to the roster. They need a few more of the overlooked Lucha Underground talent on the roster for sure. Marty Martinez and Mil Muertes in particular. 


Marty would be a solid hire. I'm not sure about Muertes, but he would be a good big-guy addition. He's not too tall though, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone in AEW tall? He's a stocky Rhino-type, a veteran, throws a great punch and comes across as genuinely tough and intimidating. AEW needs guys like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

Jazz and Roddy Piper's daughter Teal have also been announced for the Casino Battle Royale.

I knew Piper was a top shagger but I genuinely had no idea he had a kid with Jazz.  Hope he cucked Rodney Mack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When talking about Tully managing Shawn Spears, Jim Cornette said if Dusty was booking Arn would be in Cody's corner and Tully and Arn would both turn on Cody at the end. Wouldnt be stunned if that happens to be honest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 11:40 PM, Seratonin said:

There really isn't an excuse for not understanding how the babyface/heel thing works. And if you can't use tweeners properly for fucks sake don't use them and keep it simple.

Honestly I thought Cody was the babyface in his match with Rhodes and came off as a star. 

Yeah.  A tweener isn't a guy who acts face one week and face the next.

A tweener is someone who acts like a heel but is super popular with the crowd and gets babyface pops.  Like NWO or Austin.  It's also just not sustainable more than a few months in most cases.

 

Cody isn't a tweener.  He's just confusingly booked.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

When talking about Tully managing Shawn Spears, Jim Cornette said if Dusty was booking Arn would be in Cody's corner and Tully and Arn would both turn on Cody at the end. Wouldnt be stunned if that happens to be honest!

Id watch that to be honest. Especially if Ole comes back to support Cody and HOLY BALLS turns on Cody as like Ole said to Dusty when he turned on him in 1980 or whatever year near then it was "It'll never be over". 

 

Holy Balls do I love Ole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Loki said:

Yeah.  A tweener isn't a guy who acts face one week and face the next.

A tweener is someone who acts like a heel but is super popular with the crowd and gets babyface pops.  Like NWO or Austin.  It's also just not sustainable more than a few months in most cases.

 

 

Not really true, that.Austin was booked as a babyface and would drink beer in the ring with Earl Hebner, shake hands with Dude Love for having his back, saving his biggest adversaries daughter from beijg sacrificed, and was pretty much John Wayne. Actually Billy Jack is a better comparison probably. No matter what his methods were he was always on the side of right. A clear babyface.

The nWo were also clear heels. Just really cool ones booked dominantly hence the cheering. 

 

I suppose the closest thing to a real tweener around that time was Ken Shamrock between Breakdown 98 and joining the corporation. And it was shit as tweeners are shit and never works properly. 

Edited by PowerButchi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...