Sign in to follow this  
Supremo

AEW All Out

Marko has a lot of raw talent, so he'll be able to develop really well if he's working and travelling with AEW's solid roster. It's a great pick-up in my book, as he's sure to dazzle folk with his daring antics and there's the potential for some great underdog-style matches. I can see him working the Lita-role for Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy for the time being though, hitting 'ranas and flips behind the ref's back, which isn't a bad thing.

Edited by Accident Prone

Another super encouraging episode.

Simple, subtle, different, a lovely mix of old school pro-wrestling and UFC Embedded-style training footage, fun little Easter eggs like the “more blood and guts,” on the whiteboard and MJF continuing to prove he’s one of the best performers in the business today. Brilliant. These mini specials are probably the best stuff out there at the moment. Mix stuff like this with a great in-ring product and you’ll easily have the best pro-wrestling TV show going today.

I’m already excited for when MJF eventually turns on Cody. 

Edited by Supremo

I didn't really "get" Marko Stunt knocking about with Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus at the last show; like a lot of AEW thus far, it just felt under-explained. I also think it downplays a big man/little guy tag team to give them an even smaller mate. 

He had a good fun match with Joey Janela over Wrestlemania weekend, though, and I'm sure there's a spot on the roster for him.

Another tremendous video. They've done a great job with Spears. It's very old school. It's one angle that you hammer home time and again. They've added some nice dressing with Tully and he's looked the part in these videos but essentially it's one moment that you play over and over. Like Hogan & Andre. The lack of TV helps here because you're not under pressure to do something with these two every single week. The lack of any real measure helps too. It's not like Spears has to be a draw. They just want one match out of him, really. Even so, credit for pulling it off.

One tiny criticism is I wouldn't have had Cody get in the limo. I thought the montage prior was beautiful. The babyface working his arse off. The heel pissing about in a limo with his manager. It was such obvious contrast. Cody should turn up in his own car. Doesn't matter that we know he's management. As I say, a tiny thing but I think it's important.

MJF was wonderful again. Such an obvious twat. Threatening to knock Spears out when he did fuck all at Fight for the Fallen. That bloody tie. Such a great grasp of the character. Again, easier to do in a video like this but still very well done.

That video is freaking awesome. If they can do that on TV every week it will easily stay the most compelling wrestling show. It really would be genuinely different than the bog standard wrestling has been for SO long.

I think at least to me Cody's style of booking is the most compelling but also seems to the style that seems most likely to draw a casual audience. I'm entertained by The Bucks BTE comedy and spots feats as well as Kenny's epics but they both seem completely unproven in the main stream.

I feel like it's possible that The Bucks could if handled correctly get over and maybe even catch fire in a fad sort of way. But then again that ship could have sailed. Depends if they can convince casuals they are too cool for school like they did with the internet fans a few years back. But I do think they could ultimately turn off fans if mishandled.

Whatever the case the wait for All Out is going to be torture when they put stuff that good out to hype it.

I do really hope they put those videos on air, rather than just hiding them online. It will work wonders for them, compared to WWE developing things like that and only sticking it on YouTube because they don't have enough time on their weekly shows apparently.

4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I didn't really "get" Marko Stunt knocking about with Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus at the last show; like a lot of AEW thus far, it just felt under-explained. I also think it downplays a big man/little guy tag team to give them an even smaller mate. 

He had a good fun match with Joey Janela over Wrestlemania weekend, though, and I'm sure there's a spot on the roster for him.

I totally agree, he feels like an unnecessary addition to the Lucha/Jungle Boy package.

The Road to All Out videos have been superb. If their TV show is presented similarly they’re going to be just fine from a quality perspective. 

I’m really excited about Spears/Cody, they’ve sold me on a match I didn’t expect to care about.

"Marko Stunt" sounds like a gag designed to be suggestive, like "Colin Hunt". Loving that clip, AEW are putting in some good work.

How far in advance does FITE TV tend to sell PPVs? It’s obviously a few weeks away but I’m finding it a little curious that All Out isn’t available to buy yet.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:17 AM, tiger_rick said:

One tiny criticism is I wouldn't have had Cody get in the limo. I thought the montage prior was beautiful. The babyface working his arse off. The heel pissing about in a limo with his manager. It was such obvious contrast. Cody should turn up in his own car. Doesn't matter that we know he's management. As I say, a tiny thing but I think it's important.

I have honestly never thought of that as such a tiny yet key detail. Vince and The Rock getting out of limos, Austin turning up in his own hummers/monster trucks etc.

So small a detail yet makes complete sense.

3 hours ago, gmoney said:

I have no idea if Cody is a face or a heel, so it's impossible to tell if the limo was a misstep. 

I thought that myself. Everything else about this angle says he's the face though.