That Cats trailer

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

I can't quite recall a trailer quite like it.

Awe, astonishment, the sheer need to watch it again and again. It's fascinating. I mean, I'm going to strongly dislike the film and think it looks terrible. But does it? Why do I feel I need to see it based on this? Please can we talk about Jellicle Cats and the Heaviside Layer.

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

It really was fascinating. It looks fucking terrible but I was transfixed. I actually like the song Memory as it goes; it was butchered in that trailer. So overblown.

I think Hudson's cat-look might be one of the worst in the trailer, doesn't look good at all. Not keen on the proper belting out of Memory, either - with it being the same director as the Les Mis film, I wonder if he kept the 'live singing' gimmick he did on that?

This makes it sound like I'm really invested in this film and I truly am not. I don't care. And yet I'm enthralled and captivated by everything to do with it.

• Awards Moderator
16 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

At least it looks a bit weird and sexy, they're all naked furries so it's already better than most musicals, hope we see Taylor swift or Rebel Wilson licking their own arsehole.

Unlikely considering these endlessly fascinating cats have tails where their arseholes should be

sub-buzz-4241-1563488633-1.png?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

It's undeniably shite, but I don't know why any one is surprised. The stage show is already one of the worst, creepiest things in Western culture. I remember seeing a load of people dressed as Cats at Comicon, and feeling physically and mentally sick. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

It's undeniably shite, but I don't know why any one is surprised. The stage show is already one of the worst, creepiest things in Western culture. I remember seeing a load of people dressed as Cats at Comicon, and feeling physically and mentally sick. 

Generally they tend to be too.

• Paid Members
On 7/21/2019 at 3:36 PM, Bellenda Carlisle said:

At least it looks a bit weird and sexy

What the fuck is wrong with you, Steve?

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Someone recut it with the version of ‘I’ve Got Five On It’ used in the Us trailer, which seemed to work well

Hang on, have they gone all Baz Luhrmann and really done a orchestral version of Luniz, or has somebody just added that in?