My Best Film: John C. Reilly

Devon Malcolm

John C. Reilly  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He was in The Thin Red Line too IIRC, he must have a war face alongside his Brule face.

There's no reason for that Little Drummer Boy thing to work, but it does.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

He's fucking great in Casulties of War too. Easipu the high spot

Completely forgot he was in that. Bloody hell, over 30 years he's been at it, what an actor.

Stan & Ollie for me.

I am a big Laurel and Hardy fan and I was really looking forward to watching this. In the weeks prior to the release everyone was stating how good Steve Coogan was as Stan Laurel (and he was) but for me John C Reilly was the stand out performer. So much so in fact after about 20 mins into the film I was thinking I was actually watching Oliver Hardy, his performance really was that good.

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I knew I shouldn't have included Wreck-It Ralph, this bloody forum.

Just as well you didn’t put Guardians Of The Galaxy in there!

I went with Stan & Ollie, didn’t expect to enjoy it all that much but it’ll probably be in my top 5 of the year. Must try and catch The Sisters Brothers when it gets its home release.

4 hours ago, dopper said:

I saw Boogie Nights before Magnolia and really liked him in it, but that scene where he is frantically trying to find his gun in Magnolia was when I first realised he was a really great actor. 

It's the little things that make it.  I can't explain it very well but the bit where he is praying then claps his hands together as if to gee himself up for the day is phenomenal, totally encapsulates the character.