FSM Magazine closing down after next issue :-(

Maikeru

11 hours ago, Yakashi said:

I like wrestletalk magazine. Mainly because it’s basically powerslam. And I hated fsm. Utter shite. So I’m not overly ecstatic they’ve announced the mags are “combining”. 

I thought the historical pieces on British Wrestling & Jim Cornette's articles were always good. It might not have been perfect, but "Utter Shite" is very harsh imo.

I don't think they are "combining" as such, it's more a case of "Ming the Merciless" grabbing hold of subscribers before they vanish forever.

23 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I thought the historical pieces on British Wrestling & Jim Cornette's articles were always good. It might not have been perfect, but "Utter Shite" is very harsh imo.

I don't think they are "combining" as such, it's more a case of "Ming the Merciless" grabbing hold of subscribers before they vanish forever.

I’m just going by their own article where they said they were merging and taking on some of the fsm staff.

https://wrestletalk.com/magazine/wrestletalkfsm/

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

They need to sort out there distribution. I couldn't pick it up in any stores my way. If its thinner than FSM if also want that reflected in the price. 

What if the font's smaller?

20 hours ago, Maikeru said:

What do folks think of WrestleTalk? A good bit thinner than FSM, kind of a cross between it and Powerslam. Some interesting content though. 

So i got my first ever copy of WTM after deciding to let my current FSM subscription roll through. 

My honest opinion is that i don't actually know? I was put off from more that a quick glance because of the minute lettering that my tired old eyes would seriously struggle with.

From an aesthetics point of view it is VERY "wordy" and does not look as good as Powerslam (the paper is of a lower quality too).

I suppose i am happy that there is still a physical wrestling magazine available at some newsagents, even if it involves Alex Shane and is bloody hard work to get through?