I shouldn't laugh but....

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

You could easily raise enough money to pay a bunch of heavies to come round and intimidate your abusive dad into getting off your back for a bit.

Just to echo what someone else has said (and me in another thread) - you need to look at this from your dads point of view as well. Is he really genuinely abusive or just baffled? You don't have a job, you go out for no good reason in the middle of the night then you come home and gorge yourself on biscuits. He probably thinks you are selling drugs or have become a rent boy or something.

He would probably lay off if you made it obvious you were making a real consistent effort to get a job etc.

I'm going to hell, I know.

We had a blind guy in today with his wife, as he was leaving his wife said to him "shall we got and try on that sweater we saw earlier?" 

His face dropped and he looked like he was gonna cry.. 

I had to go quickly back into my kitchen or I would have laughed my ass off in the restaurant.. 

• 3 weeks later...

Bit different but here's one. I fucked up once in school. Not so much laughing at the wrong thing but the wrong moment. 

Getting a talk on domestic abuse by a charity and someone who escaped domestic abuse. The woman says 80% of domestic abuse is male on female, 10% female on male. My mate whispers to me, whats the other 10% the cat and the dug. I burst out laughing (I was 13.) Right as I burst out laughing she said the other 10% is sexual abuse. The words sexual abuse was just out her mouth, tears in her eyes, and I start howling with laughter. Like in hysterics. 

Well, that was me fucked. Teacher went ballistic. Classmates disgusted (especially the birds.) I'm trying to explain the cat and dug joke to no avail. Personally walked to headteachers office. He told me how ashamed of myself I should be. Took me a long time to shake off the tag as the guy who laughs at sexual abuse. I felt bad. 

Edited by LEGIT

• 7 months later...