UKFF Top 50 Games: 10th Anniversary Edition RESULTS

Onyx2

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I had Kid Chameleon on theĀ mini Mega Drive I had 5 or so years ago.

Didn't Bubble Bobble have a sequel as well?

Rainbow Islands and Parasol Stars sort of were,Ā as well as Bubble Bobble 2, Bubble Symphony and Bubble Memories.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Rainbow Islands and Parasol Stars sort of were,Ā as well as Bubble Bobble 2, Bubble Symphony and Bubble Memories.

I remembered Rainbow Island and Parasol Stars but Bubble Bobble 2 had passed me by.Ā 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

As this is going to be part of the mini Mega Drive, I canā€™t help but think its popularity will rise. A trulyĀ class game I hope you all get to play.

Kid Chameleon has been included on loads ofĀ the Mega Drive compilations across different platforms and on those shitty AT Games handhelds for years now. I reckon almost anyone with an interest in retro gaming has probably had a go on it by now. Agree that its a class platformer though.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I remembered Rainbow Island and Parasol Stars but Bubble Bobble 2 had passed me by.Ā 

The games I listed were arcade only, as far as I'm aware, and Symphony and Memories might have been Japan only.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Kid Chameleon has been included on loads ofĀ the Mega Drive compilations across different platforms and on those shitty AT Games handhelds for years now. I reckon almost anyone with an interest in retro gaming has probably had a go on it by now. Agree that its a class platformer though.

The difference is the hype. No one really gave a shit about the previous variants you speak of. The retro mini bollocksĀ is huge and the hype around thisĀ Mega Drive is different level. Far more mainstream and far more desired. Itā€™ll sell a shit load compared to the crap prior.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I started playing 6th placer and all-round 'Best Game Ever' nominee RDR2 last month. Started slow, couldn't really get into it, and I'm happy to say that I'm finally in the swing of things.

The controls are overly-complicatedĀ and rubbish (I've lost track ofĀ the amount of times that I've accidentally fired my gun in a bar/shop/around town/at innocent civilians) and some of the mechanics seem shoe horned in for no apparent reason.Ā 

But it's a beautifully lush game and I'm well into the story. I've plugged about 25 hours in despite only completing a dozen or soĀ missions and side-quests. Yesterday I spent ninety minutes on what happened to be the worlds most expensive poker simulator. I even spent a good half hour before that playing bloody dominoes.

The tipping point from "Yeah, it's all right" to "Okay, this is actually something special" came during the mission where you have to

break Micah out out jail. I'm trying to be a good guy wherever possible, so when I was forced to shoot a load of innocent deputies and civilians, and watchĀ my honour meter drain as a result, I was so angry with Micah. The cut-scene with the thunderstorm and the lightening striking the ground afterwards was a magnificent touch. I wanted to break out of the scene and shoot the fucker there and then.

• 1 month later...