Sign in to follow this  
Onyx2

UKFF Top 50 Games: 10th Anniversary Edition RESULTS

I started playing 6th placer and all-round 'Best Game Ever' nominee RDR2 last month. Started slow, couldn't really get into it, and I'm happy to say that I'm finally in the swing of things.

The controls are overly-complicated and rubbish (I've lost track of the amount of times that I've accidentally fired my gun in a bar/shop/around town/at innocent civilians) and some of the mechanics seem shoe horned in for no apparent reason. 

But it's a beautifully lush game and I'm well into the story. I've plugged about 25 hours in despite only completing a dozen or so missions and side-quests. Yesterday I spent ninety minutes on what happened to be the worlds most expensive poker simulator. I even spent a good half hour before that playing bloody dominoes.

The tipping point from "Yeah, it's all right" to "Okay, this is actually something special" came during the mission where you have to

break Micah out out jail. I'm trying to be a good guy wherever possible, so when I was forced to shoot a load of innocent deputies and civilians, and watch my honour meter drain as a result, I was so angry with Micah. The cut-scene with the thunderstorm and the lightening striking the ground afterwards was a magnificent touch. I wanted to break out of the scene and shoot the fucker there and then.

6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Have you gone drinking with Lenny yet?

Yes! That was wonderful. I'd probably have that as my 1B in terms of really changing my opinion on Red Dead. Just gold, all the way through.