UKFF Top 50 Games: 10th Anniversary Edition RESULTS

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Not a single one of mine made the list, what a load of bollocks and shit choices etc.

What he's not telling you is that he didn't actually submit a list...Ā 

4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

It's probably because your ten votes for O'Leary Manager only count as one vote intead of ten. Systems rigged.

Regarding the people who compiled the points, "Dey're yung laads, dey're still lournin"

• Paid Members
On 7/6/2019 at 7:07 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

Fuckļ»æ. Worms. I forgot Worms! And so did all of you. Great readļ»æĀ though, thanks Onyx. Looking forward to the bonus stats!ļ»æ

Fuck! I forgot Lemmings! How could I forget Lemmings? The amount of effort we put in trying to deliberately kill them with the traps/contraptions just to see the method of dismemberment.

• Paid Members

Kicking myself over some of the things I forgot - Worms Armageddon and Lemmings definitely among them - but glad Monkey Island and Streets of Rage 2 made the cut.

One of my last gigs as a DJ, I was in one room, and Mixhell (Igor from Sepultura and his wife) were playing in the adjoining room. I was supposed to start before them, with just a little bit of overlap, but got started late as a few other things over-ran. Started out with a pretty ordinary set, but pretty soon everyone started to fuck off next door to watch the headliner, who were also so loud you could hear them over my music anyway. So I just stuck on the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack.

• Awards Moderator

CM was just outside the 50, and suffered from being a long-running popular series.Ā 

You were the sole voter for Freespace. Descent was a series out of time. If it had been released three years different either way it could've been huge. The multiplayer was too weak in the original to catch fire in a post-Quake time. And the marketing made it sound like Elite when it really wasn't. File under hidden gem.Ā 

9 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

You were the sole voter for Freespace.Ā Ā 

Gah! Story of my life. I don't think it had much in common with the original Descent series, but they slapped the name on it to help garner interest.Ā 

12 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Fuck! I forgot Lemmings! How could I forget Lemmings? The amount of effort we put in trying to deliberately kill them with the traps/contraptions just to see the method of dismemberment.

Ā 

59 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Kicking myself over some of the things I forgot - Worms Armageddon and Lemmings definitely among them - but glad Monkey Island and Streets of Rage 2 made the cut.

I remembered Lemmings, might have just scraped onto the list if you two hadĀ remembered šŸ˜¢Ā 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I was surprised that neither of the two Mario Galaxy gamesĀ featured in the top 50, same with Street Fighter 2.

There are better Street Fighter games than Street Fighter 2, though. If a Street Fighter game was going to make it in it would probably have been Third Strike.Ā