UKFF Top 50 Games: 10th Anniversary Edition RESULTS

Onyx2

3 hours ago, DEF said:

I'd like to mention that the version of Metal Gear I played was the remastered GameCube version with the awesome action cut scenes. It was epic.

I still have that! It's worth a bunch now apparently. I liked the cutscenes too and because I love MGS2 I really enjoyed using those dynamics in the Shadow Moses levels, but I've since become aware that loads of people haaaaaate Twin Snakes.

EDIT: Thanks @Onyx2, top effort

Edited by Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, DEF said:

I've gone with the PS3 version. £3.69 is a bargain for such a classic. Cheers for pointing it out because it wouldn't have even occurred to me to look if it was on the PS3. I rarely turn it on these days.

If you make it round to playing Streets Of Rage 3 on there stick the Japanese version on as it's fairer.

If you've get the "new" 3DS/2DS the ports of the first 2 Streets Of Rage games are on there are pretty good as well.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If you make it round to playing Streets Of Rage 3 on there stick the Japanese version on as it's fairer.

If you've get the "new" 3DS/2DS the ports of the first 2 Streets Of Rage games are on there are pretty good as well.

Bare Knuckle 3 is nearly a completely different game. Sega of Americas censorship and story line changes are mental.

Normal on Sor 3 is very hard in Bk 3. 

• Paid Members
Just now, patiirc said:

Bare Knuckle 3 is nearly a completely different game. Sega of Americas censorship and story line changes are mental.

Normal on Sor 3 is very hard in Bk 3. 

There's a fan translated ROM of BK3I have. It's so much better than SOR3

The changes between Rushing Beat Ran & Brawl Brothers on  the Super Famicom & SNES are similar. There's a cheat on Brawl Brothers that lets you play Rushing Beat Ran. See also the Kunio Kun series..

• Paid Members

I'm not even convinced mgs is the best in the series, let alone ever. That said, the people have spoken. Incorrectly. Because its Portal. This list is massively low on valve in general, to be honest (although I think I only voted for portal. Damn it I should've done a half life game) 

Huge thanks to onyx for compiling, some superb work. 

• Paid Members

Great work Onyx. Used to love Worms for the PSOne. I used to give them all nWo B-team names. "Big Bubba", "VK Wallstreet", "Vincent" and "Flash Norton."

Worms, WCW vs the World, FIFA 98 Road to World Cup and Duke Nukem was the first set of games I got for the Playstation. What a Christmas that was.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Metal Gear Solid is so good that, it was the first game that I got for my chipped PS1. But I didn’t have a scart adaptor so it was in black and white for a week before I bought one. I still played it for a week and it was still incredible. 

Simpler times.

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Fuck. Worms. I forgot Worms! And so did all of you. Great read though, thanks Onyx. Looking forward to the bonus stats!

I'm pretty sure I voted for Worms Armageddon. I think. Most of my list has totally alluded me.

I got bought my first PC for Christmas when I was around 12. Worms Armageddon and Grand Theft Auto were the two big box games I got with it. Me, my Dad and my little brother could spend a whole weekend on Worms. Even to this day we still play it at Christmas. Bloody love that game.

Excellent stuff @Onyx2! This poll was really great to follow! I didn't vote for MGS as I didn't actually play it despite owning it; my best friend at the time completed it for me and I just watched as I had no idea what to do.

Edited by Accident Prone
Fucking auto correct