New WWE "Executive Directors"

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Then again, I'd love to hear candidly from Vince on what he thinks. I don't think he's some crazy old man despite all the jokes. I think he has a very regimented view of what he wants to present and I'd love to hear his views on what has formed those views and why he thinks it.

An extra something to that is I'd love to know what, if anything, Vince enjoys personally, and what he does because he believes it's what the audience want, or what he does because of external pressures from sponsors, TV networks, etc.

The narrative of "it's Vince on top, he has final say on everything" probably has a lot of truth to it, but seems too narratively convenient, and absurdly simplistic and unreasonable for a company of WWE's size.

Yeah I think the Wild Card stuff is a perfect example of external issues controlling WWE's direction. They seemed perfectly happy dealing with the brand split in a more traditional way and now we've got this complete mess. I find it hard to believe that they did a u-turn on their own, no matter how crazy they are at times.

Weird to think wrestling is back on TNT, Dustin Rhodes had a match of the year contender where he bled buckets, the Hardcore title is kinda back, Goldberg is the most believable promo in any company, Heyman is back in creative and Bischoff of all people is doing creative for the WWE all in 2019. 

Guess this is wrestling going in cycles...

Its interesting that a lot of people are drawing parallels with Bill Watts in 92. Partly because I've always enjoyed that period. Also because I'd argue that this is closer to Dusty booking TNA. But also, also because Heyman essentially found notoriety in the 90s by essentially adding a 90s spin to Memphis. Bischoff found success by rehashing bits from everywhere. Even Heyman's SmackDown run was "build around 6 good wrestlers" which was a rehash from elsewhere. Hell, NXT is essentially HHH rehashing stuff he likes. Bringing those minds into creative makes sense to me. The bigger problem might be who's going to thread this through a 2019 needle (or given this is wrestling and wrestling is always years behind the rest of the world, a 2014 needle). 

• Paid Members

After a bedding in period, they should sit a Heyman & Bischoff down and have them do a legit draft of the current main roster.

Apply some rules so they can't split up acts like the New Day just to fuck each other up, but let them sort out how many wrestlers they feel they actually need on their show, and who they think they can do some business with.

Anyone who goes undrafted gets offered to Hunter to go back to NXT. Anyone who doesn't get picked up at that stage gets released.

• Paid Members

Eric obviously hit rock bottom after O'Rourke tore him a new arsehole in Vegas. He must've had a proper 'Come To Jesus' moment in his hotel room and vowed to be back on top again before giving the McMahon office a call.

Actually, Eric living a nomadic life similar to season one Alan Partridge before getting the call up seems very feasible.

Edited by Accident Prone