Sign in to follow this  
tiger_rick

New WWE "Executive Directors"

It’s not that the writers they have now are bad, it’s that they write for a 73 year old lunatic rather than for wrestling fans. If these two guys write for wrestling fans it will probably be great. If they write for a 73 year old lunatic then it will be jus as shit as it is now. 

Saw someone post they are excited because "last time Heyman was in charge we got the Smackdown 6".

Surely nobody, not even the biggest workrate nerds, think the problem WWE have is putting on quality wrestling matches, because that's all the "Smackdown 6" was about.  That's about the one thing they hardly ever get wrong.  It's pretty much everything else that's the problem.

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I wonder if this will be a move similar to 2002, when they brought Russo back. I wonder if Vince will have a "what have I hired this cunt for?" moment and it'll all go back to how it was in a fortnight.

Exactly my thinking.

1 minute ago, The Dart said:

Saw someone post they are excited because "last time Heyman was in charge we got the Smackdown 6".

Surely nobody, not even the biggest workrate nerds, think the problem WWE have is putting on quality wrestling matches, because that's all the "Smackdown 6" was about.  That's about the one thing they hardly ever get wrong.  It's pretty much everything else that's the problem.

Of course they do. Those sort of spenks just rehash comments they heard on the internet 17 years ago, with no ability to consider whether they’re still valid. That’s why “bring back the cruiserweight division” was still a thing online even years after the likes of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins were world champions.

Mental. 

What I will say is this. A criticism Ambrose had was the writers were completely expendable, wrestlers could chap Vince's door with problems, but writers were in a constant fear of dismissal, too scared to make their voices heard, with many being let go for trivial reasons. 

I imagine Heyman and Bish would have more leverage than your average writer and more backbone too. That if anything could mean something. 

Who knows how this will go. At the very least, it will be interesting finding out. 

I’m intrigued, you have to be, but as many others have pointed out it only really matters if they actually have a significant say about what happens on each show. Each script is still going to be one Vince McMahon away from totally changing. 

One thing I like is, if they are genuinely given the book over each brand, they will produce very different looking products.

That's also assuming they end this  wildcard thing.  I caught some of Smackdown this week and as far as I could tell the brand split was dead.

So this is either a real direction change for WWE programming, or a week long moment of madness.

Vince can't help himself. He's probably changed his mind 43 times already about what exactly he wants out of this.

At the very least it signals Vince is somewhat aware of what a rut his telly show is stuck in, at the minute. That or he's bored and he just wants to see Bischoff shag Stephanie again.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

One thing I like is, if they are genuinely given the book over each brand, they will produce very different looking products.

This was exactly how it was run during Brand Split I, except with Heyman on SD and Steph on Raw. And with Heyman listening in on the Raw conference calls.

I thought this was a parody when I originally saw it reported online. Vince has fully lost the plot. What next, when this doesn’t work? Russo? 

I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was intrigued though. Even if it’s only in a morbid, car crash sort of way.

Heyman running Raw should be interesting. He at least seems to have a good mind for the business if we’re to believe what stuff usually has his fingerprints on. I’ve got absolutely no idea what Bischoff brings to the table though. Everything he’s done for decades suggests he’s running on empty. The fact that Vince is still overseeing everything is the killer, too. Until that changes I can’t see anything really improving long-term. It’s just new people having to write bad TV to appease a lunatic with ketchup breath.

It reeks of desperation though. There’s absolute no way this isn’t a panicked decision based off recent attendance and rating disasters. If this was something they had planned for a while there’s no way they’d have introduced the Wild Card rule before almost immediately phasing out the Brand Split completely. Why have two separate guys running each show when it’s already been established that the split is over and guys are on every single show?

Ultimately, I reckon both guys will be used as scapegoats when they move to Fox and things don’t improve. Bischoff in particular should already be getting his CV ready for the Winter months.

Just think of the stories on something to wrestle in two years time.    

Im curious as to how the relationship between Vince and Eric will work 

Are they in any kind of creative roll, or are they just there to supervise everything backstage? Heyman and Vince would immediately butt heads the second Paul E tries to push Joe ahead of Corbin. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz