New WWE "Executive Directors"

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Woah, I presumed they were on-air authority roles- I didn't think for a million years Vince would put them in a prominent position in real life in this day and age. Christ. We take the piss, but this has instantly made me much more interested in WWE now (not a hard feat to achieve, I know).

You kind of have an idea of what a Heyman-controlled show might look like as we've seen him in charge of OVW and then as the Smackdown writer, but I'm fascinated to see what Bish can come up with today. Is this the first time he's been in a position like this since the HOGOFF TNA days? And before then...WCW I'm guessing? He never had a backstage role during his WWE run, did he?

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

It’ll lead to a Raw Vs Smackdown Live between Team Raw led by Heyman and Team Smackdown Live led by Bischoff at Survivor Series.

Your sole survivor being Shane McMahon after Vince adds his team just before the match consisting of just Shane Mcmahon.

Then Vince can fire both on the Raw after.

"Get that bin truck ready Shane-O..."

I know I'm in the minority here but I'm more excited about this than anything since WM30, aside from perhaps Goldberg. At least Heyman and Bischoff will have a clear idea of what they want and will be willing to stand up and defend their ideas.

Also, one of the reasons WWE has been so stale for the past few years is because there's been no 'characters' that you can get behind. I'd imagine these two will focus on creating some character development again. 

• Paid Members

When does the XFL start? If Vince is mega hands on with that, I wonder if he wants two experienced (but also expendable if needed) backstage figureheads for the shows, with experience producing TV to run the ship when he can't be there. 

1 minute ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Actually fuck that I’ve changed my mind, put Kevin Nash in charge of 205 live. 

That's genuinely one of the better ideas I've heard. 

Still wrapping my head around this. My bet is it will be the panacea that comes to nothing once everybody re-realises that the way forward isn't archived already on the Network, the solutions will come left of field from fresh minds or unexpected breakout stars and nobody's actually thought of the better regenerative ideas yet. 

I'd settle for car crash TV from here to Survivor Series, though. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Actually fuck that I’ve changed my mind, put Kevin Nash in charge of 205 live. 

Considering the work he did with the cruiserweights in TNA, this is a legitimately great idea.

• Paid Members

I agree with Ian. As much as this makes things a little more interesting, Vince probably only gives it 5 minutes before calling them all shit heads and reverting back to his usual.

Both may be from the past, but it doesn't mean they don't have good ideas to offer. Whether or not Vince bothers with them will be interesting - again, going on previous, I doubt it.

Interesting given Paul Heyman’s experience with Vince during his last run in a creative capacity in 2006.

I guess the telling aspect of this is how much say they have over their shows.

If they can collaborate with Vince, with say over the composition of the respective creative teams, some story direction, production input, etc then we might get some distinct, maybe interesting shows.

If it’s Vince essentially saying “Mixed tag main event is in a few weeks, go and make it work, and don’t forget the pauses in action during the commercials...” then you can resurrect Eddie Graham and Dusty to join them, but results will be the same.