Take a break

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Cricket tends to show a single advert between overs or when a wicket falls etc. A round system with a break between rounds would be alright I guess, but I don't get why they couldn't picture in picture during the break, or as mentioned above show us anything that happened during the break when you're back from commercial. Heck have a match end during a break to try and get people going to the tapings so they don't miss anything. It'd add to the realism of the whole thing. 

This is just another one of oddball Vince's increasingly idiosyncratic ideas that will be dropped within a few months surely? 

Supremo has hit the nail on the head regarding new fans. I've fucking loved pro wrestling for most of my life and I would take repeated hammer blows to my exposed gonads over watching a single segment of RAW at this point. I imagine a fresh pair of eyes tuning in for the first time would be like a middle aged man jumping into a game of Fortnite.

I know I'm being silly but the way I looked at it for a long time was that they purposely put a commercial break in during the match so it was their way of saying, if you want to see the full match then come see RAW live. Having seen RAW live I now know that to be bollocks, but to stop all action during the commercial seems even sillier. 

If they have at least 10 seconds notice before a commercial break, they should be fine. I imagine just about everyone there has his/her own short, but strong shine or cutoff spot, ending in a big "look at me" going into the commercial. Then when they come back on, they just have to make sure they're back up and running again. If they work their way up to their feet 10 seconds before coming back, they could get some hope, run a rope and get cut off again. Something short and dynamic of the like should fit nicely. I assume most people that work there have a good handle on this and aren't very worried.

Edited by Whistling Skull

• Paid Members

That's pretty much what has been the case for a few years - my understanding was that Vince has now passed down an edict of "no wrestling match is to be ongoing in any way, shape or form during commercials" - not even sitting in a chinlock for 3 minutes until the lights come back up.

This does all seem pretty symptomatic of trying to please everyone in a focus group at once, as Rick suggested.

"We want fast paced crash TV like the Attitude Era!"

"Yeah, but every match should be minimum 15 minutes long with loads of kickouts!"

"But there can't be commercials during the match, we don't want to miss anything"

"Everyone needs to have a singles match on every show, especially the women"

"Yeah, but the show can't be too long!"

• Paid Members

Every cut to commercial break was always the same. It was either a babyface dive to the outside or a heel move on the outside cut to break and then come back to the babyface in a submission. Every single time. 

Personally for TV I don't think matches should even run long enough to go into the adverts 95% of the time. If they can't get over the story or performers in 10 minutes or under they're not doing it properly. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Statto said:

This does all seem pretty symptomatic of trying to please everyone in a focus group at once

They love the sets, they love the camera cuts. One kid seems to love the speedo guy. What more do they want. 

20190627210538.png