MeltzerMania is running wild

tiger_rick

Dave's historical bits are still great. I also like him when he does that on Podcasts (Brody One / Pillman etc) with Jericho. His Twitter game is terrible. Its like a 14 year old arguing with everyone. He also lacks any personality or awareness. And fuck it, his hair is weird.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

It was an odd one, I thought - Seth's was back when he talked about Peyton Royce's figure. So quote-tweeting that in this context was a strange one.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. It's a weird game of one-upmanship Dave is playing with that Tweet. Weigh in on it if you must, but don't reference back to the time where you make a right tit of yourself

• Paid Members

Literal Dave is the best Dave.

"Let's say Vince McMahon lives to be 150 years old"

"Well, he's not going to". 

And:

"This was falls count anywhere, so this means if they had brawled out of the building all of the way to Antarctica for example.."

"Well, the show would have ended long before they got to Antarctica"

Edited by Gus Mears

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, tiger_rick said:

I adore this tweet. He's 100% right and proves it by using an analogy that is 100% wrong. That takes some incredible "talent".

Could be wrong but have you not entirely missed his point? He was meaning that there are ignorant Americans think their football teams are important even though in reality there are many, many better leagues.

On 6/25/2019 at 12:04 PM, tiger_rick said:

Have we got a Meltzer thread? Anyway, this is one. Maybe the most polarising figure on the site. Let's have his best and worst bits.

I adore this tweet. He's 100% right and proves it by using an analogy that is 100% wrong. That takes some incredible "talent".

What's wrong with the analogy? He's making reference to people who are narrow-minded or don't know what's going on outside of their personal bubble. Makes sense to me.

36 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah, I'm with you on that. It's a weird game of one-upmanship Dave is playing with that Tweet. Weigh in on it if you must, but don't reference back to the time where you make a right tit of yourself

I think if you've known Dave or read his work over the years, you know he stands on the right side of history when it comes to women's wrestling. So when he clumsily made a point about Peyton Royce's appearance (I say clumsily because there were people who knew what he meant, but what he actually said - especially when taken in isolation - was wrong) and you had lots of WWE performers laying the boots in on social media, Seth's comment came across as quite snide. So I can understand why he's thought back to it and fancied replying. You're right though, it's definitely one-upsmanship. Someone on Twitter wrote "Long term booking" :)

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Could be wrong but have you not entirely missed his point? He was meaning that there are ignorant Americans think their football teams are important even though in reality there are many, many better leagues.

Yes, I obviously have. It still makes no sense to me from the POV of not being able to imagine anyone who could possibly think like that but you're right - that is what he means.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

The superior version of Only Fools And Horses that we rightfully deserve...

vince-mcmahon_dave-meltzer.png

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Genuinely looks more like he could be his son than Shane does.

"You're not my REAL Dad...VINCE" 

19 hours ago, Roy said:

I think if you've known Dave or read his work over the years, you know he stands on the right side of history when it comes to women's wrestling. So when he clumsily made a point about Peyton Royce's appearance (I say clumsily because there were people who knew what he meant, but what he actually said - especially when taken in isolation - was wrong) and you had lots of WWE performers laying the boots in on social media, Seth's comment came across as quite snide. So I can understand why he's thought back to it and fancied replying. You're right though, it's definitely one-upsmanship. Someone on Twitter wrote "Long term booking" :)

Was he on the right side of womens wrestling when he wrote that Sable looked like a 40 year old stripper and shit on her appearance every week?

• Paid Members

Dave talking about that Fyter Fest trailer was brilliant. Nervously chuckling about how, “great,” it was, you could tell he had no idea it was a parody and had never heard of the Fyre Festival. The man couldn’t be deeper in the bubble. You wonder how he even functions in the real world.

33 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Was he on the right side of womens wrestling when he wrote that Sable looked like a 40 year old stripper and shit on her appearance every week?

I was about to say, he was often down right disgusting when talking about women who weren't "workers", a proper scummy little bastard.