All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

Just hopefully Scotland gets its independence soon. 

Makes you hate being part of the UK when you have a majority of SNP in Scotland. 

The Tories are a right wing party and as a result they are enabling the far right facism to become populist in England. Far right being racist, homophobic and xenophobic.

Scotland shouldn't be tarred with the same brush as being British in the UK as it's a more left leaning liberal country with its political voting intentions. 

There are good English people living in England who did not vote for Conservative and don't share their political views. I have sympathy for them.

England has voted a majority of Conservative MP's so the majority political opinion of England is right wing. So indirectly the majority of political opinion is enabling a bad culture south of the border of far right extremism.

Those good people in England who didn't vote Tory and also don't support right wing politics should be able to fight against this and win the day for a better England. It's your mission to stop this indirect enablement of the far right with campaigning with your vote to get the Conservative party out of Westminster.

Independence will be good for Scotland as we won't have to deal with a right wing political party being in charge of so much of our affairs that we never voted for. We can do so much better. 

I look forward to a brighter future ahead of independence for Scotland with good neighbors of the south in England who did the good fight to make England better by getting the Tories out of Westminster. 

47 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

Just hopefully Scotland gets its independence soon. 

Makes you hate being part of the UK when you have a majority of SNP in Scotland. 

The Tories are a right wing party and as a result they are enabling the far right facism to become populist in England. Far right being racist, homophobic and xenophobic.

Scotland shouldn't be tarred with the same brush as being British in the UK as it's a more left leaning liberal country with its political voting intentions. 

There are good English people living in England who did not vote for Conservative and don't share their political views. I have sympathy for them.

England has voted a majority of Conservative MP's so the majority political opinion of England is right wing. So indirectly the majority of political opinion is enabling a bad culture south of the border of far right extremism.

Those good people in England who didn't vote Tory and also don't support right wing politics should be able to fight against this and win the day for a better England. It's your mission to stop this indirect enablement of the far right with campaigning with your vote to get the Conservative party out of Westminster.

Independence will be good for Scotland as we won't have to deal with a right wing political party being in charge of so much of our affairs that we never voted for. We can do so much better. 

I look forward to a brighter future ahead of independence for Scotland with good neighbors of the south in England who did the good fight to make England better by getting the Tories out of Westminster. 

I voted ‘yes’ in the 2014 referendum, but on hindsight I think that was naive of me. While in an ideal world I’d love to be in an independent Scotland that is part of the EU, in reality it just isn’t that simple. Brexit is actively demonstrating how difficult a break-up can be.

I hate being part of a UK that is run by liars and charlatans and it doesn’t seem like that will change any time soon. Ultimately though, it would take a long time before we fit EU membership criteria, and in the short to mid-term there’s a very good chance that independence would lead to job losses and financial difficulties for a lot of vulnerable people. Perhaps the EU would throw us a bone in regards to trading and single market membership, but it’s a massive risk to take.

There’s part of me that would love to flip the middle finger up to Westminster and leave the far right hell we’re in right now, but, sadly, I think it would cause a lot of people a lot of problems.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I voted ‘yes’ in the 2014 referendum, but on hindsight I think that was naive of me. While in an ideal world I’d love to be in an independent Scotland that is part of the EU, in reality it just isn’t that simple. Brexit is actively demonstrating how difficult a break-up can be.

I hate being part of a UK that is run by liars and charlatans and it doesn’t seem like that will change any time soon. Ultimately though, it would take a long time before we fit EU membership criteria, and in the short to mid-term there’s a very good chance that independence would lead to job losses and financial difficulties for a lot of vulnerable people. Perhaps the EU would throw us a bone in regards to trading and single market membership, but it’s a massive risk to take.

There’s part of me that would love to flip the middle finger up to Westminster and leave the far right hell we’re in right now, but, sadly, I think it would cause a lot of people a lot of problems.

Would it? We've already been EU members for decades after all.

There seems to be a confusion between the EU entry requirements and entry into the Eurozone, which are stricter. The Copenhagen criteria just requires that we're a democracy, respect human rights and the EU rules and have a functioning economy. That last one is the only thing that's questionable but I still think we'd qualify for Ascension status, which provides a shit load of benefits, like free movement. They even give candidate states funding to try and get their economy up to scratch. I can't see them doing that for the likes of Montenegro and North Macedonia and not Scotland. They want to expand after all.

We'd be coming at it from a completely different standpoint than Brexit as well. That's only been such a shambles because of the title of this thread. Even if the EU did refuse to consider us, we'd surely be able to join EFTA, which would give us single market access, free movement, etc. Plus the Tories would become the after-thought that they desperately deserve to be.

1 minute ago, unfitfinlay said:

Would it? We've already been EU members for decades after all.

There seems to be a confusion between the EU entry requirements and entry into the Eurozone, which are stricter. The Copenhagen criteria just requires that we're a democracy, respect human rights and the EU rules and have a functioning economy. That last one is the only thing that's questionable but I still think we'd qualify for Ascension status, which provides a shit load of benefits, like free movement. They even give candidate states funding to try and get their economy up to scratch. I can't see them doing that for the likes of Montenegro and North Macedonia and not Scotland. They want to expand after all.

We'd be coming at it from a completely different standpoint than Brexit as well. That's only been such a shambles because of the title of this thread. Even if the EU did refuse to consider us, we'd surely be able to join EFTA, which would give us single market access, free movement, etc. Plus the Tories would become the after-thought that they desperately deserve to be.

It’s the functioning economy part that concerns me. When you add COVID to the chaos that Brexit has caused, there’s a good chance we’re going to be on a downwards slump for some time. We’d also have to navigate a period in between UK membership and EU membership which could be very difficult.

Even in a best case scenario, where the EU looks at us sympathetically and the path to membership is relatively straightforward, you only have to look at Northern Ireland right now to see what other problems could transpire.

Plus the Tories are so petty and childish, they would absolutely take any steps they could to make life hard for Scotland.

I’d love to wave goodbye to this decade of Tory hell and I’d love to feel confident about the prospects of an independent Scotland. But for me, independence is a massive risk that could end up making an already bleak situation even worse.

I want to be convinced otherwise, and I sincerely hope that I am.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

It’s the functioning economy part that concerns me. When you add COVID to the chaos that Brexit has caused, there’s a good chance we’re going to be on a downwards slump for some time. We’d also have to navigate a period in between UK membership and EU membership which could be very difficult.

Even in a best case scenario, where the EU looks at us sympathetically and the path to membership is relatively straightforward, you only have to look at Northern Ireland right now to see what other problems could transpire.

Plus the Tories are so petty and childish, they would absolutely take any steps they could to make life hard for Scotland.

I’d love to wave goodbye to this decade of Tory hell and I’d love to feel confident about the prospects of an independent Scotland. But for me, independence is a massive risk that could end up making an already bleak situation even worse.

I want to be convinced otherwise, and I sincerely hope that I am.

For me, the car is going over the cliff anyway. Jumping out might hurt but it's going to be a shitload better than taking the entire fall. It's not like it's a choice between independence and the status quo. It's independence vs whatever shit the Tories foist on us next. It's not like Labour are going to get into power anytime soon after all.

Personally I've got a lot more faith in the SNP, and certainly Scottish voters than I do the Conservatives. It's not like full EU membership is a necessity anyway. The only reason trade is suffering so badly for the UK outside of the EU is because of the Tories red lines, not the EUs. Even if they WERE reluctant to offer us a fast-track route to membership, I simply don't believe they wouldn't want a free-trade agreement with us at all. Will there be short-term issues? Sure. But I'm convinced it'll be well worth it.

If the Tories had the ability to make life difficult for Scotland after we leave then I doubt they'd be fighting so hard to stop us even voting on it. Gideon Osbourne even wrote recently that we could, under no circumstances, be allowed to leave. They might bluff and bluster about punishing us but they'll need to trade with us as well.

Anyway, to get this back on topic, the Tories are cunts and I'll probably always vote the opposite way to how they tell me to vote.

7 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

If the Tories had the ability to make life difficult for Scotland after we leave then I doubt they'd be fighting so hard to stop us even voting on it. Gideon Osbourne even wrote recently that we could, under no circumstances, be allowed to leave. They might bluff and bluster about punishing us but they'll need to trade with us as well.

You would think, but as far as Brexit goes they’re running out of faces to cut noses off to spite. 

But yes, whether it’s Douglas Ross, Boris Johnson, Liz Truss, Rishi Sunak, Michael Gove, Dominic Raab, Mark Francois...each and every one of them is fucking horrific. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

England has voted a majority of Conservative MP's so the majority political opinion of England is right wing. 

Nope. Even leaving aside non-voters, the Conservatives got 47.2% of the vote in England at the last General Election. Add the Brexit Party and you're at 49.2%. You can only get to a majority if you start counting Liberal Democrat voters as right-wing, which is a big stretch for that election given their manifesto.