All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Well, it further exposed the lack of backbone of Starmer and how utterly useless he is.

How? If Lab voted against we'd have no restrictions (when the majority largely supports them) and they'd be enabling the worst of the ERG lot, Hopkins, Farage. 

Starmer made it clear he supports restrictions to curb the infection rate but believes its been handled terribly and more support is needed for those impacted.

I'm aware nuance is pretty much dead in the twitterisation of politics but IMO this isn't complicated. Let the Tories own this & highlight their own divisions.

I fear this is completely lost on the 'sTArMeR iS a ToRy' fuckwits but most things are. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

How? If Lab voted against we'd have no restrictions (when the majority largely supports them) and they'd be enabling the worst of the ERG lot, Hopkins, Farage. 

Starmer made it clear he supports restrictions to curb the infection rate but believes its been handled terribly and more support is needed for those impacted.

I'm aware nuance is pretty much dead in the twitterisation of politics but IMO this isn't complicated. Let the Tories own this & highlight their own divisions.

I fear this is completely lost on the 'sTArMeR iS a ToRy' fuckwits but most things are. 

I would answer, but your last sentence indicates we probably won't get anywhere so lets leave it as is, ay?

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Chris B said:

This approach has certainly worked well for the last decade.

The last 3yrs handed the Tories an 80 seat lead. Things are moving in the right direction currently but there's still a mountain to climb. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I would answer, but your last sentence indicates we probably won't get anywhere so lets leave it as is, ay?

I wasn't claiming you were one of them. Just that you obviously hadn't read Starmer's statement or you had but hadn't understood it. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

What was the thinking behind Labour abstaining from last nights vote?

I think the theory was to show Johnson how many Tories are opposed to whatever he's trying to do and make it look like Johnson has a revolt on his hands. Also if the government ended up losing it'd all get blamed on Labour. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

More 'Not That Red' Mike than Dead Mike...

Only kidding, love you really x

But I do think abstaining isn't the right thing to do. 

Paid up Labour member who doorstepped at the last 2 elections bud.

Do you think they should've voted against & taken the responsibility for the consequences of no restrictions? Seems like objecting for the sake of it rather than what's for best?

I’m no fan of Starmer but the reasoning behind abstention is sound. It was a yes/no answer to a lot of problems that they’d rather had the chance to tackle individually as opposed to collectively. Then of course had the voted in favour, that’s held against them for the rest of this parliament. 

5 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Paid up Labour member who doorstepped at the last 2 elections bud.

Do you think they should've voted against & taken the responsibility for the consequences of no restrictions? Seems like objecting for the sake of it rather than what's for best?

It was just a joke mate, I'm not doubting your Labour credentials.

It's a very complicated subject, but I think that if you feel like these restrictions don't work or are wrong, then you should be making every effort to combat them, presenting an argument as to what you think should be happening and trying to improve them with reason and evidence.

But this isn't a normal situation or a normal country so I understand that they would be blamed for people dying if the restrictions hadn't passed.

It's a tightrope Spud, it's a fucking tightrope. 

Maybe it's my cynical nature but I don't think that the general public by large gives a shit about how Labour votes or how Starmer does in PMQ's.

By the next election it'll be a they've been so shit, we'll win by default situation.

Basically 1997 again and it's fucking depressing. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

7 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Maybe it's my cynical nature but I don't think that the general public by large gives a shit about how Labour votes or how Starmer does in PMQ's.

They don’t. It’s only nerds like us who gives a shit. Tonty Blair used to get his arse handed to him by William Hague on a regular basis but nobody but us nerds gave a shit. 

22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They don’t. It’s only nerds like us who gives a shit. Tonty Blair used to get his arse handed to him by William Hague on a regular basis but nobody but us nerds gave a shit. 

I always thought it was suspicious how Blair unilaterally trimmed PMQs to a half hour as part of 'modernisation', in the same year as fire-spitting master debater Hague led the opposition.