All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Kay Burley, who I find awful most of the time was on a roll today 

I think Burley does a phenomenal job at holding these charlatans to account. 

While this is clearly a Thick of It level response, the moral bar the Tories have set is so low that I suppose we can take a small positive from the fact he didn't outright lie about it and either deny Abbott said these things or insist that if you looked at his quotes in the wider context you would see that he's actually quite a liberal guy. 

• Paid Members

Kay Burley's just Sky's Piers Morgan. Somehow has finally managed to flip the rusty switch in her head labelled "journalist" after years of being fucking awful. Temporarily an ally, but let's not forget how shit she (and Morgan) have been for decades in contributing to this lot's rise to power, and the poisonous narrative currently clouding this country.

I don't tend to waste into the political thread but jesus what a shit show this has all become. 

The problem is, in my view, that the brexit voters cannot seperate Boris and Co from brexit. Its almost like if they criticise him they criticise brexit and that means that they were wrong. They can't do that. So there are portions of the population who will blindly accept and even defend this shitty government regardless of how badly they fuck up. Its deeply concerning because it gives the tories a free pass to do whatever they like and nothing they do ever leads to repercussions. 

I truly hope people remember covid and the self employed being screwed when the next election comes around. I generally feel the public are stupid on most issues, ill educated on the finer details. That's not a knock, it's just people don't have time to research the small details. Let's hope they have aa longer memory than they have shown to have over the years. 

I still struggle to see how people can see all the tories have done for ten years and still vote for them. Its some blind spot I simply can't understand.. They will bitch about every alleged misdemeanor by Labour but lies, deceit, failings and incompetence of the tories get forgotten or minimised constantly. It's almost like the rules aren't equal. 

7 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

The problem is, in my view, that the brexit voters cannot seperate Boris and Co from brexit. Its almost like if they criticise him they criticise brexit and that means that they were wrong. They can't do that. So there are portions of the population who will blindly accept and even defend this shitty government regardless of how badly they fuck up. Its deeply concerning because it gives the tories a free pass to do whatever they like and nothing they do ever leads to repercussions. 

This is a trend we're seeing in the US as well of late. The era of people voting for parties and policies is all but dead, with the modern era of personality politics taking hold. You don't vote for the Conservatives, you vote for Boris Johnson and his chums. 

I remember the good old days in the past when you'd hear of someone voting Labour in one election, then the next they'd vote Green or even Lib Dem because the political landscape had changed, or indeed they'd changed as a person themselves.

Not possible now. If you vote for Brexit and the Conservatives, you vote for Johnson. And changing your mind simply isn't the done thing. Once you make that choice, you're in 4 life, as the kids would say.

8 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

The problem is, in my view, that the brexit voters cannot seperate Boris and Co from brexit. Its almost like if they criticise him they criticise brexit and that means that they were wrong.

Yep, it been mentioned in the thread (that’s not a knock, it’s a fucking long thread!). Even sentient excrement pile Piers Morgan said the abuse he was getting on Twitter for making government ministers look like arseholes were from people saying “I thought you were on our side”  and they were invariably Brexit means Brexit flag nonces. It’s football fan tribalism, sticking by your team regardless if they’re in the wrong. 

I’ve got a friend in Australia and one of his friends did this. a Gofundme page to pay the DJ’s legal fees was setup and proved to be very popular. Anyway, my friend can’t stand Tony Abbott. He wasn’t well liked in Australia. The Australian media are now laughing at us for appointing him. 

• Paid Members

The UK is now on the road to finding out where it really lies in the international power pecking order, and the end result is unlikely to be pretty. I see the Chinese media have already picked up Lewis' comments about seeking to deliberately break an international treaty.