All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

And once again we have a quality Leader of the Opposition in Marcus Rashford.

It's the future of politics. Jordan Henderson is re-nationalising the Post Office on Thursday and Tammy Abraham is abolishing University fees next week.

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Fucking hell. Keir 'John Terry' Starmer there.

Not to get all pedantic, but it was their first opposition day today in Parliament, there was no legal mechanism to do it until today. They were calling for this for a few weeks as well. Taking nothing away from Rashford who's campaigning has been tremendous, but I've seen a few knock Labour on this when they have played their part.

Outside campaigning is always more effective than political parties campaigns as it goes outside the bubble.

Great news anyway. You have to wonder what kind of cunts have to be convinced to not let kids starve....

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Not to get all pedantic, but it was their first opposition day today in Parliament, there was no legal mechanism to do it until today. They were calling for this for a few weeks as well. Taking nothing away from Rashford who's campaigning has been tremendous, but I've seen a few knock Labour on this when they have played their part.

There's a pretty big difference between calling for it and actually *using* a significant platform to mobilise support and force the Tories to make a U-turn. This is embarrassing for Labour and Starmer especially. There are a few in Labour, like Rebecca Long Bailey and Charlotte Nichols who certainly do deserve a lot of credit because they have campaigned for this for longer than even Rashford's been involved. But for Labour to claim the W on this is absolutely pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Outside campaigning is always more effective than political parties campaigns as it goes outside the bubble.

Great news anyway. You have to wonder what kind of cunts have to be convinced to not let kids starve....

While I’m sure it’s just her tweeting for the attention, it wouldn’t be a shock at all for that to be her world view

13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There's a pretty big difference between calling for it and actually *using* a significant platform to mobilise support and force the Tories to make a U-turn. This is embarrassing for Labour and Starmer especially. There are a few in Labour, like Rebecca Long Bailey and Charlotte Nichols who certainly do deserve a lot of credit because they have campaigned for this for longer than even Rashford's been involved. But for Labour to claim the W on this is absolutely pathetic.

Labour tabled the motion. The Government did a U Turn as Tory MPs were going to vote for it. That, by its very definition is a victory for Labour. You have already mentioned two Labour MPs who have been calling for this, both of which are in the shadow cabinet.

Of course Rashford has caused this to happen. His campaigning was utterly key. He was able to mobilise a large platform and raise awareness of an issue to a larger base. He's a brilliant example for all, but I don't see it as 'embarrassing' for Starmer on a day in which the Government has had to once again back down.

Anyway, its a bit of a pointless argument I'm raising and we're both fundamentally on the same side of this, so as I said, I was being somewhat pedantic. Just happy this has been scrapped. I wish the Government would now focus on actually helping solve the poverty crisis in this country rather than add to it.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The kind that were going to try and spin 200,000 covid deaths as a good result, and told everybody to "prepare to lose some loved ones" before they realised they might have needed some of those 200,000 people to help the economy when this was over. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Of course Rashford has caused this to happen. His campaigning was utterly key. He was able to mobilise a large platform and raise awareness of an issue to a larger base. He's a brilliant example for all, but I don't see it as 'embarrassing' for Starmer on a day in which the Government has had to once again back down.

It is embarrassing when a 22 year old footballer is more effective in holding the government to account than the sentient side-sweep who is supposed to be the leader of the opposition.

28 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It is embarrassing when a 22 year old footballer is more effective in holding the government to account than the sentient side-sweep who is supposed to be the leader of the opposition.

It is more a side parting as the hair on top is above an inch

• Paid Members

I hope this gives others of some influence inspiration to go after the Tories. Not tweet about it and throw your hands up in the air, but be as stubborn and focused as Rashford has been. He's been very clever the way he's framed it as a social issue and not a political one.