All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

That's exactly what it's about. It's about presenting it as two sides of an argument, where no argument exists. And because even the most honest parts of the media are set up in such a way as to try and offer some semblance of balance, they fall for it every time, as they're simply ill-equipped for people arguing in bad faith.

The point is obfuscation as much as it is convincing people of any real truth. It's like Corbyn and antisemitism - the Tories clearly don't care about antisemitism, and probably don't see the fuss about a lot of the things they're attacking Corbyn for. What matters is getting the words "CORBYN" and "ANTISEMITISM" alongside one another in as many headlines as possible.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

That's exactly what it's about. It's about presenting it as two sides of an argument, where no argument exists. And because even the most honest parts of the media are set up in such a way as to try and offer some semblance of balance, they fall for it every time, as they're simply ill-equipped for people arguing in bad faith.

The point is obfuscation as much as it is convincing people of any real truth. It's like Corbyn and antisemitism - the Tories clearly don't care about antisemitism, and probably don't see the fuss about a lot of the things they're attacking Corbyn for. What matters is getting the words "CORBYN" and "ANTISEMITISM" alongside one another in as many headlines as possible.

and yet, this is hardly being pushed at all (although I think Labour have started on it today) https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-book-jews-control-media-general-election-a9239346.html

and so I don't upset Keith with an apologetic double post, the plot thickens on the FB element of this story

Also circulating are photos of her having a picture taken with Theresa May, the Husband works/ed for Bupa and their son is FB friends with Matt Hancock it appears as well.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

We're now into the stage of the bullshit where amateur expert conspiracy theorists clumsily annotate single photos to "prove" how the photo is staged, despite the hospital itself having acknowledged its real, and actual journalists having exercised a modicum of due diligence. I feel awful for the poor lad and his family being treated effectively like a toy in their big conspiracy game, with a side helping of performative concern, but this photo had me howling:

ELbzqWrUYAAKntr?format=jpg&name=medium

"Labour Party fleece?" is the funniest fucking thing I've seen in days.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

We're now into the stage of the bullshit where amateur expert conspiracy theorists clumsily annotate single photos to "prove" how the photo is staged, despite the hospital itself having acknowledged its real, and actual journalists having exercised a modicum of due diligence. I feel awful for the poor lad and his family being treated effectively like a toy in their big conspiracy game, with a side helping of performative concern, but this photo had me howling:

ELbzqWrUYAAKntr?format=jpg&name=medium

"Labour Party fleece?" is the funniest fucking thing I've seen in days.

I mean how stupid do they think people are?

It's clearly a Labour Party coat

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, theironshake said:

I live in Brum there is areas that u wouldnt venture into after a certain time tbh. Allum Rock and in the city centre I don't go into Derritt End either. They are not however No Go Zones. Just that I'd rather not risk it

You never see columns about the no go areas in Portsmouth that are full of mental locals and violent sailors. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

You never see columns about the no go areas in Portsmouth that are full of mental locals and violent sailors. 

All you can see is the bodies of pediatricians strewn all over the place. It's the scandal that dare not speak its name. 

Ahh yeah you always get that in any lively/night-life type area, but that is more to blame on the drunkards than the area generally being unsafe with gangs/crime etc i think.
Especially in recent years, it has gone through quite a transformation.