All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Plus, "Boris" is a handy brand that his supporters have been using for years to promote him with as a cult of personality. Same with "Trump". Also along the same lines, in soccer if you mention "United" then it's quite likely you're talking about only one club and it isn't based in Newcastle, Sheffield, Dundee or Cambridge.

By just referring to the current Prime Minister as "Johnson" or plain old "Boris Johnson", you take out his brand or aura, and (at least trying to) bring him down to the same level of his contemporaries.

I guess we could do it here if it makes people feel better about it, but as I said, it's already set in stone. It has been for years. He's the biggest personality in British politics by a country mile, and that won't change by a small group of people not calling him Boris.

Sadly, the bumbling sod has played a blinder on that front over the years. All the common sense in the world from Jeremy, Jo or Nicola won't make much difference.

• Paid Members

There is a big battle for brand recognition amongst the Tory MPs. Boris has the blonde hair and the bumbling buffoonery. Jacob Ree-Mogg has the look of a Dickensian workhouse owner with an air of snootyness. Mark "Respect the votes of 17.4 Million People" Francois looks like an exploding pressure cooker made of spam. 

That's before you get to the second tier gimmicks like Liz "Pork Markets" Truss and James "Not So" Cleverley 

31 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

There is a big battle for brand recognition amongst the Tory MPs. Boris has the blonde hair and the bumbling buffoonery. Jacob Ree-Mogg has the look of a Dickensian workhouse owner with an air of snootyness. Mark "Respect the votes of 17.4 Million People" Francois looks like an exploding pressure cooker made of spam. 

That's before you get to the second tier gimmicks like Liz "Pork Markets" Truss and James "Not So" Cleverley 

Only an air of snootyness? 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, David said:

I guess we could do it here if it makes people feel better about it, but as I said, it's already set in stone. It has been for years. He's the biggest personality in British politics by a country mile, and that won't change by a small group of people not calling him Boris.

Sadly, the bumbling sod has played a blinder on that front over the years. All the common sense in the world from Jeremy, Jo or Nicola won't make much difference.

Nobody said it did. They just said they don't want to call him that. I'm not going to call him that either.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

We can call him Mr Prime Minister on here for all it matters. He's Boris, like or not. The brand recognition is already set in stone.

It's only as effective as much as people continue to use it. Not using it is a recognition to disarming the "brand", it might work or it might not work but better that some at least attempt it rather than do nothing and moan about it if only to prove themselves right by never trying in the first place.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Jacob Ree-Mogg has the look of a Dickensian workhouse owner with an air of snootyness. Mark "Respect the votes of 17.4 Million People" Francois looks like an exploding pressure cooker made of spam.

The most strikingly descriptive names I've heard for that pair are The Haunted Pencil and Luncheon Meat Penfold. Spot on.