All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

We need an election now, you can't have a government with a -40 odd majority.

Thing is, I reckon the Tories will win a small majority if they call one now, and they'll have purged the last of the traditional Tories from the party and become a purely hard right party.

So that sounds like an even worse place to be.

If only Corbyn wasn't so politically toxic.  Labour should be able to walk an election victory.

• Paid Members

Is this even possible? Can a party have 2 leaders and so if elected co PM's? I only ask this because, as Loki said, Corbyn wouldn't win a GE, but he also would not stand down, but if he could co PM with another labor MP I could see that getting more support.

I assume it isn't possible and it is just a stupid idea, but I didn't know if it was an option.

• Paid Members

The Liberal Democrats had David Steel and David Owen as co-leaders, but obviously they never got close to being PM so I'm not sure what would have happened if they had.

Edited by gmoney
Lib Dems, not the liberals

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Factotum said:

Yup, I like Corbyn on a lot of things, but if he stepped aside for Starmer, Labour could genuinely win that election

Half agree. Starmer's not bad, but I'd rather either Clive Lewis, Angela Rayner, or Rebecca Long-Bailey. From the outside, maybe even David Lammy. Don't 100% trust him following his Blair years, but he's woken up a bit now, and he's a pretty good public speaker.

• Paid Members

Reportedly Labour have now decided they won't back an election until not only has the no-no-deal bill been passed and become law (likely next week) but until it's actually carried out (ie we've hit October 19 and Johnson's either passed a deal or asked for an extension.)

If they stick to that, Johnson's options become:

* Pass a no-confidence motion in his own government

* Write a one-line law to override the Fixed Term Parliament Act and call an election for a set date (only needs a simple majority, though this law would probably be amended)

* Get a deal (lol)

* Ask for an extension and get fucked by the Brexit Party in the election

* Refuse to follow the law and see what people do about it

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Reportedly Labour have now decided they won't back an election until not only has the no-no-deal bill been passed and become law (likely next week) but until it's actually carried out (ie we've hit October 19 and Johnson's either passed a deal or asked for an extension.)

If they stick to that, Johnson's options become:

* Pass a no-confidence motion in his own government

* Write a one-line law to override the Fixed Term Parliament Act and call an election for a set date (only needs a simple majority, though this law would probably be amended)

* Get a deal (lol)

* Ask for an extension and get fucked by the Brexit Party in the election

* Refuse to follow the law and see what people do about it

Please be the last one. I think it's time we turn England into a Mad Max style frontier

• Paid Members

Makes sense. Take advantage of the state of the government's no majority. What's the situation with the DUP at the moment? You've got to think they'd be tempted to stick the boot in a bit more, especially if there's going to be shenanigans with regards to the border.