All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I hope I’m wrong can’t see this ending in any way but no deal.

Johnson has backed himself into a corner. He (and the media) have gone so far in portraying the EU as “the enemy”, and promoting WTO as a realistic alternative, that he’s got no choice but to follow through. Anything else will be seen, by his own supporters, as capitulation and treason.

Would he destroy the UK’s economy just to protect his political career? Even though it will certainly lead to deaths? Of course he would - He’s a cunt.

Even the focus on the backstop is just a smokescreen. It’s supposed to be a worst case scenario to ensure that there could never be a hard border, regardless of what happens in future negotiations. It’s DESIGNED to be replaced by the better alternatives that he insists are out there. It just makes a convenient “sticking point” so that he can blame no deal on the EU refusing to remove it.

We’re utterly fucked.

• Paid Members

I guess he's expecting the EU to give another extension on the negotiations so he can keep bitching about how they're refusing to budge while still enjoying the benefits of being a part of the EU? 

• Paid Members

I posted in the Brexit thread a while back (Feb-ish) about how I'd been working on No Deal preparations for Pharma supply from Oct 2018 - March. Since the Government instructed everyone to cease 'No Deal' planning in April we've had no further instruction or word from the DoH. To our knowledge nobody in the industry has.

I work for the countries largest pharma distributor & we're essentially winging it, choosing which lines to build up stocks of & putting our own measures in place for what is essentially rationing.

My nan relies on about half a dozen repeat prescriptions & the increasing likelihood of 'No Deal' is making me feel physically sick.

Re: Pharmaceuticals, we're already in shit street with the lack of HRT. If we get shortages, not only will we have hot flushes everywhere, but people like me will be unmedicated...That's a frightening prospect (more than once I've had to try 4(!) different pharmacies to get my anti-depressant script filled)

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Chunk said:

Didn't parliament vote against no-deal? Multiple times? I know it did in the indicative votes but didn't something happen after that to put it into law?

They voted basically to say that they were against it AND to stop preparing for it, which is looking like a terrible move now.

It's always been the default though, and that's why Johnson has suspended Parliament. All he has to do is to run the clock down and he gets what he wants.

3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I guess he's expecting the EU to give another extension on the negotiations so he can keep bitching about how they're refusing to budge while still enjoying the benefits of being a part of the EU? 

As I said above, he's gone too far to be able to do that. He's flat out said "We're leaving on October 31st, deal or no deal" and claimed (falsely) that we'll still get free trade with the EU on WTO terms. If he turns around now and asks for an extension then he'd be as well telling his supporters to vote for Farage.

3 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

I posted in the Brexit thread a while back (Feb-ish) about how I'd been working on No Deal preparations for Pharma supply from Oct 2018 - March. Since the Government instructed everyone to cease 'No Deal' planning in April we've had no further instruction or word from the DoH. To our knowledge nobody in the industry has.

I work for the countries largest pharma distributor & we're essentially winging it, choosing which lines to build up stocks of & putting our own measures in place for what is essentially rationing.

My nan relies on about half a dozen repeat prescriptions & the increasing likelihood of 'No Deal' is making me feel physically sick.

Same.

My Aunt and my best mate are both insulin dependant diabetics. Even if we can ensure a reliable supply of medicine, I really can't see the Tories passing up this opportunity to begin charging for them.

Plus my brother works in the financial sector, and his work are already laying off entire departments. He's good enough that his work will probably give him a job abroad but that'll mean that I'm going to miss a huge chunk of my nieces and nephews growing up. Even my own work (a five star hotel) is heavily reliant on immigrants. We'll probably get an increase in tourists if the pound collapses but fuck knows how we'll be able to provide for them if we lose 65% of our workforce and all our imported food.

The really scary thing is that it feels like hardly anyone realises the shitstorm that's coming.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

Re: Pharmaceuticals, we're already in shit street with the lack of HRT. If we get shortages, not only will we have hot flushes everywhere, but people like me will be unmedicated...That's a frightening prospect (more than once I've had to try 4(!) different pharmacies to get my anti-depressant script filled)

I think a lot of people will be surprised (or not?) at what the Government defines 'critical medicines' as. Very few of them on the list are prescription meds, certainly not anti-depressants, inhalers & the like.

Most large suppliers are building up stocks of 6-8wks but it's the replenishment orders. Approx 75% of all medicine (finished or component) come to the UK via the EU.

Being in the music industry myself and alot of my friends have been talking about how the brexit deal will impact on out live music scene and the bands coming over here and obviously our band's touring over in europe. Well this has been released and this unfortunately is just the start of it. The live music scene as we know it is about to be changed in a huge way 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/bringing-merchandise-from-or-to-the-uk-in-baggage-if-the-uk-leaves-the-eu-without-a-deal?fbclid=IwAR3akTlgpk-smJFklvIW-qDyglebISxvROpZiUfhsd2AggNvHAfiIkR0Rn4

4 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Being in the music industry myself and alot of my friends have been talking about how the brexit deal will impact on out live music scene and the bands coming over here and obviously our band's touring over in europe.

Your band touring in Europe is not obvious to me - this is the first I’ve heard of it.