All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I do wonder how Starmer will perform if he has a Prime Minister with a different approach to Johnson opposite him. 

Burnham has to finish his run as leader of the people's Republic of Mancunia first, doesn't he? 

I think Mr Houchen was talking about the reported sabotage by some Labour Party members during the 2017 election, and how it was reckoned he was a mere couple of thousand votes from being in a position to form a government? 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

I do wish Labour supporters would resist the innate urge to wage civil war on themselves as soon as they get ahead in the polls or the Tories falter.

Starmer may not be the fantasy Labour leader from your dreams, but he is a far, far more electable candidate than the last few.  

He’s done the hard work of persuading voters that he’s not as dangerous as Corbyn, and that was crucial.  He’ll also be up against a severely weakened, tired Tory party and has tons of Johnson-related ammo to hit them with.

Imo he should be at least allowed to complete in a GE before the knives are sharpened.

The Tories are cunts and are having a terrible week.  Enjoy, and put away the cutlery?

Settle down Jess Phillips.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I think Mr Houchen was talking about the reported sabotage by some Labour Party members during the 2017 election, and how it was reckoned he was a mere couple of thousand votes from being in a position to form a government? 

I don’t have the exact numbers to hand because I’m on a train and fuck Westminster politics, but I think it was in the region of 6,000 votes.

As Keith mentioned earlier, “Labour unity” is only an issue when the right of the party are in charge. Remember what the dickhead Jess Phillips said, she would stab Corbyn in the front. That’s unity. 

• Paid Members

All these centrists calling for Labour unity might want to remember their stance on such a thing when Corbyn was in charge. They can all piss off, I'm going to draw a willy on a general election ballot paper.

14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Has Starmer spoken to Zarah Sultana yet regarding all the islamophobia and threats she gets? He ignores all the bigoted hate his own MP's get, real unity there.

He’s been too busy scheming to have a Muslim left wing domestic abuse survivor triggered in her constituency while she is signed off due to the stress caused by the targeted hate. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

He’s been too busy scheming to have a Labour councillor triggered in her constituency while she is signed off due to the stress caused by the targeted hate. 

Fixed it. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Fixed it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

She’s an MP, not a councillor. Unless you mean someone else?

There has been several videos where Sir Keir has been meeting "members of the public" who were actuall Labour Councillors. I was trying to make a jokey reference to that. Sorry.

• Paid Members

while I very, very loosely agree that the Labour Party shouldn't replace Starmer now, that's just because it would create chaos and distract from the Tories, and give the likes of the Mail, the Express and the Sun ample reason to talk about Labour being in disarray while not even mentioning the Tory mess.

I don't agree that it would undo any good work Starmer has achieved, because I'm not convinced that there is any. He's gone back on every promise he made when running for Labour leader, he's come up with a Brexit policy that the right-wing press will eat alive just on the basis of him having formerly been a vocal Remainer, and has sat on the fence and hedged his bets at every available opportunity. Yes, they're ahead in the polls, but how much has that got to do with Starmer, considering Boris Johnson's goverrnment has been imploding for the last year? After all the years of "anyone but Corbyn would be ten points ahead" during his leadership, Labour are just now ten points ahead, after weeks of constant scandal, and the Tory leader actually fucking resigning. You can make the argument that it's a strategy, all a long game to not rock the boat and let the Tories lose the election rather than fighting to win it, but that's a recipe for voter apathy - nobody rushes out to the polls to vote for boring. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

After all the years of "anyone but Corbyn would be ten points ahead" during his leadership, Labour are just now ten points ahead

I thought it was 20 points. Have the Labour Tories downsized their expectations?