All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

The worst government in forever and we've got the weakest opposition.

Is it worse than Thatchers, and is the opposition weaker?

Genuine question, I'm a little too young to recall and I'm a political boob.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Is it worse than Thatchers, and is the opposition weaker?

In terms of comparing Tory governments, it's difficult. The Tories now are having to find different ways to tread on the working class because Thatcher did most of the leg work, which we never recovered from, in the 80s. Two cheeks of the same arse, really.

I think what makes this government abhorrent is a lot down to incompetence. Thatchers government were clear in their callousness and did what they said they were going to do whereas this shower of shite seem to make it up from day to day. 

• Paid Members

It's a bit like comparing the presidencies of Bush and Trump. Both fucking horrendous, but there's an extra layer of shite attached to the later iterations. With Thatcher and Bush, there was at least an understanding that there were some rules that even they couldn't breach for fear of consequences.

With BJ and Trump, they're pulling all sorts of shit that would have got any other government voted out post-haste, or, in Trump's case, never voted in at all, but the media and the public seem to be happy to forgive in them what they would never let slide in Labour.

In this regard, one could also say the British electorate is probably the worst it's ever been too, because even when the media forget themselves and actually do their job by reporting scandals, incompetence, corruption, etc., they just bleat "But he's getting Brexit done!" and things carry on as before.

Put it this way: Priti Patel shouldn't be in her job, because she's officially flagged as a security risk from her jaunt to Israel. In a country that governs by law, and not by fucking convention, it would be illegal to put her in the cabinet. And, even in the era of Thatcher, it would be too controversial to make her Home Sec (although they probably wouldn't have done anyway, given their inherent racism).

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

With BJ and Trump, they're pulling all sorts of shit that would have got any other government voted out post-haste, or, in Trump's case, never voted in at all, but the media and the public seem to be happy to forgive in them what they would never let slide in Labour.

In this regard, one could also say the British electorate is probably the worst it's ever been too, because even when the media forget themselves and actually do their job by reporting scandals, incompetence, corruption, etc., they just bleat "But he's getting Brexit done!" and things carry on as before.

While the media is problematic I do put a lot of blame for the current situation, both UK and US, for the tribal/sports team behaviour of voters. It really does feel that at one point you could lose your voters by acting in shitty ways, whereas now people just double down on their support and come up with elaborate excuses for their party/person.

15 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

What's the logic there? He was certainly happy to sacrifice them to covid and they didn't mind.

If its anything like the GOP then killing off your old voters is ok, you just need to "fix" the voting laws to keep the left leaning minorities out the polls.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, neil said:

While the media is problematic I do put a lot of blame for the current situation, both UK and US, for the tribal/sports team behaviour of voters. It really does feel that at one point you could lose your voters by acting in shitty ways, whereas now people just double down on their support and come up with elaborate excuses for their party/person.

If its anything like the GOP then killing off your old voters is ok, you just need to "fix" the voting laws to keep the left leaning minorities out the polls.

Was talking to one of my colleagues today who’s a massive Tory but claims to be small c, also a big backer of Brexit. I asked him, in an almost jovial way, if he was ready to admit that following Johnson in to battle was maybe a bit naive. After him claiming that all these “crisis” were media manufactured and that this short term pain was always part of the plan, he then told me that if I wasn’t happy with the way things were going then I could move away. Without a sniff of self-awareness, the prick. 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think what makes this government abhorrent is a lot down to incompetence. Thatchers government were clear in their callousness and did what they said they were going to do whereas this shower of shite seem to make it up from day to day. 

It's so blatant too. Cameron was fucking useless as well but at least he had the illusion of competence. This lot struggle to get through even a single interview without sounding clueless, elitist or simply lying cunts.

I mean, what do you say about a Government that's currently trying to sink the trade agreement that their entire election campaign was based on? 

2 minutes ago, neil said:

This is very true.

People are determined to be on the winning side even if that "winning" means fucking massive power bills, food shortages and no petrol.

The pearl-clutching about the traffic cone assault is something to behold. All "political violence is never acceptable!" Fuck that. There are many, many people who had very real, very physical harm done to them by the sorts of policies the likes of IDS helps to push.

So, excuse me if I don't cry my eyes out for him.

17 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

The pearl-clutching about the traffic cone assault is something to behold. All "political violence is never acceptable!" Fuck that. There are many, many people who had very real, very physical harm done to them by the sorts of policies the likes of IDS helps to push.

So, excuse me if I don't cry my eyes out for him.

Yeah, fuck him. He’s a classic example of the British public tugging their forelock to posh people. The cunts name is Ian Smith, well, George Ian Duncan Smith. He uses his middle name to look like he has a double barrelled surname and added an extra I to his name to look posher and better than the proles, and they lap it up.  Horrible prick. 

Some cunt telling us to get off our peletons and get back to work. Cheeky cunt, a) most of us can't afford to splurge £1500 on an exercise bike and b) because people work from home they are not lazy. I've gone in 2 to 5 days over the part 18 months, and when at home worked bloody fucking hard. 

Edit:2 to 5 days each week 

Edited by westlondonmist