All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

27 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

It doesn't mean fucking anything what you call him, you can be on your high horse of not calling him Boris all you want, it won't stop the I'll feeling of the nation to the political left at the moment.

Bollocks. Had the persona of ā€˜Borisā€™ not been entertained from the start, he wouldnā€™t even be an MP. Regardless of feelings towards the left, the framing of this wanker matters. hEs DoInG hIs BeSt!!!

it matters everything what you call him.Ā 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bollocks. Had the persona of ā€˜Borisā€™ not been entertained from the start, he wouldnā€™t even be an MP. Regardless of feelings towards the left, the framing of this wanker matters. hEs DoInG hIs BeSt!!!

it matters everything what you call him.Ā 

Rubbish, he was groomed to be an MP and potential PM from school.

And at the moment, he could have as pompous a name as Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and because of the huge disconnect the opposition has with electorate, it wouldn't fucking matter.

6 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Rubbish, he was groomed to be an MP and potential PM from school.

And the biggest part of the that grooming was the perfecting of the Boris character via media such as HIGNFY.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

And the biggest part of the that grooming was the perfecting of the Boris character via media such as HIGNFY.Ā 

The character was 'developed' from the late 90s, someone calling him Boris now will means dick. Being het up over such trivial shit is laughable and completely ignorant of what's really going here. As I said, at the moment it could have been any of the Tory fuckers in power getting results. Not because of game show panel turns, or charity football matches or hanging from a Zip Line or going on Letterman, it's because the Left need to wake the fuck up to what the electorate want and feel.

The sooner the left fuck off identity politics and concentrate on the fact vast swathes of just people are being treated like shit the better.

21 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Being het up over such trivial shit is laughable and completely ignorant of what's really going here.

Yes because you can only care about one thing at a time. It isnā€™t trivial, it has exempted him from accountability. Iā€™d argue the toss that his career wasnā€™t mapped from school. He wanted to be a journalist and was. He didnā€™t study PPE like other leading politicians, he studied Classics. He was famous before entering politics thanks to his bumbling persona and I think that the continuation of this excludes him from scrutiny and gets him a free pass from voters. Ā Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s an absolutely brilliant achievement.Ā 
Ā 

As someone who is probably more to the left than most members here, I absolutely donā€™t want to shift to something more palatable to the majority as then it wouldnā€™t be left wing anymore. Itā€™s about convincing people that your views and beliefs are more beneficial for the country, not thatā€™s youā€™re more beneficial to the country because youā€™ll change your principles if they arenā€™t liked.Ā 

• Awards Moderator
58 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

The character was 'developed' from the late 90s, someone calling him Boris now will means dick. Being het up over such trivial shit is laughable and completely ignorant of what's really going here. As I said, at the moment it could have been any of the Tory fuckers in power getting results. Not because of game show panel turns, or charity football matches or hanging from a Zip Line or going on Letterman, it's because the Left need to wake the fuck up to what the electorate want and feel.

The sooner the left fuck off identity politics and concentrate on the fact vast swathes of just people are being treated like shit the better.

I think the fact that people callĀ him Boris is important and means quite a lot of dick. Referring to someone on a first name basis has associations of connection and friendliness that rarely, if ever, happen with politicians. Even in your post above you referred to David Cameron and Theresa May, not David and Theresa, and you said Gove not Michael. That level of disconnect doesnā€™t exist for many people with Johnson - heā€™s Boris, you know Boris, ho ho, good old Boris. Itā€™s too late to change a lot ofĀ people doing it now itā€™s so firmly entrenched but it absolutely contributes towards him getting away with everything he gets away with. No other politician gets that leeway and the use of the first name is partly why.

I admit I hadnā€™t noticed it until @Keith HouchenĀ began the Stop Calling Him Boris campaign on here. But once you notice it, itā€™s inescapable.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Sexy Dad said:

Iā€™m very pleased that Welsh Labour kept most of the seats of the Senedd in North East Wales. I was very deflated to learn that my constituency went Conservative (by a few hundred votes) but for so much of the rest of the area to vote Labour despite voting Tory in the general election isĀ heartening.

Ā 

Its a sign of how crap they did against expectation when they could only grab their easiest target seat (Vale of Clwyd) with the Labour incumbent standing down, and they still only barely won it.

They only grabbed their second North Wales list seat on a margin of 21 votes over Plaid, which is a a bit of a shame really as I think Carrie Harper would make a cracking MS and has put the miles in for years in, lets face it, a corner of the country that's always been a tough sell for Plaid.

1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

The point is, digging people out on a forum for it, is pointless.

Even though one person has noticed it and no doubt points it out to others, who then point it out to others who then etc. If it has changed how one person addresses him and the importance of language surrounding him, it isnā€™t pointless.Ā 

6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Even though one person has noticed it and no doubt points it out to others, who then point it out to others who then etc. If it has changed how one person addresses him and the importance of language surrounding him, it isnā€™t pointless.Ā 

This, I have stopped calling him Boris because of Keith and have passed on the reasons to others. Most people I know continue to call him Boris but a few have now started to call him Johnson. This is how change occurs in it's simplest form.Ā 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Labour have sacked Rayner as chair.Ā 

Ā 

Fuck me, the party have no clue.Ā 

They've promoted Jess Phillips. Did you see the interview where someone said :LabourĀ haven'tĀ been able to oppose the government in the way they wanted to because they've been too busy supporting them during the pandemic? As if there haveĀ been no shitty behaviour or decisions that they could have called them out over. What a load of bollocks,

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

As if there haveĀ been no shitty behaviour or decisions that they could have called them out over. What a load of bollocks,

What shitty behaviour have Labour ignored? All the cronyism, lies and mishandling of the pandemic have been called out, repeatedly. I don't think you can blame the party for the public not caring about any of that & prioritising 'culture war issues' over these.Ā 

Look at this shit for example.Ā 

Screenshot_20210509-082942_Facebook.thumb.jpg.4e511ba7ae4221486e9288f0138229ed.jpg

This is the tripe that's driving peoples voting choices, the rejection of 'wokeism'. Look at the reaction toĀ Starmer supporting BLM? This is what people mean when they say 'Labour have abandoned the working classes' & are now the party of metropolitan 'luvvies'.

Shit isn't it?