AEW Fyter Fest

Kamaras-Tash

Went to bed just as Cody/Darby Allin began.  I’m off to Wrestle Queendom 2 today so won’t get time to watch the rest til later in the week.

Wasnt really enjoying the show that much up until then anyways, always a joy to see Yuka and Riho though also Private Party were great.

Logan Sama can fuck off though.

Edit: I also noticed the knob who sits front row for the NXT takings had front row here too.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I watched the pre-show as I happened to be up late anyway.  First time I've seen any AEW stuff outside of a few clips on Twitter etc.  For me it had a real vibe of weekly PPV era TNA.  The opening tag match isn't really my sort of thing but I thought it was really good for that sort of style with Private Party standing out especially.  Camerawork was a bit dodgy in places but the overall production was really high quality I though.  The pre-show should have just been this and a few video packages if the intention was to encourage people to watch the full show, because it was all downhill from there.  The group of guys who appeared in the masks looked very minor league and the lack of reaction didn't help.  No idea what the librarians stuff was all about but it didn't get over at all and the match was pretty terrible too.  And that hardcore match was proper Dupp Cup level shit that was an utterly bizarre choice to have as the final lead-in to the main show.  I half enjoyed the parody Fyre clips that were spliced in throughout the show.  They were decent enough but things move so fast thesedays that the whole Fyre thing feels like ages ago now so it came across as a bit outdated.  So overall not great and definitely not something that would make me pay to see a full show, but there's signs of potential.

• Paid Members

Watched the full show this morning and just like the last show it's a few good things buried in rubbish comedy and mediocrity.

Daniels vs CIMA was what it was. Opening match, nothing at stake, run of the mill match.

Women's Triple Threat, I dunno, maybe it's just me but the Japanese lasses are dogshit. I balked at @Supremo when he said Nyla Rose wasn't at their level because whereas she came across as a monster powerhouse, they were clumsy, sloppy, had really weak looking offense that reminded me of the worst of the Diva Era. I feel the same way about Kairi Sane though. A bit of muscle mass goes a long way. Awful booking too. You have Nyla Rose doing Scott Steiner Double Recliner spots and hurling them both about at the same time and the most they hit her with is forearm strikes you'd seen in an Indian Youtube Backyard show and that's enough. They got away with it in the 6 women tag last show because you had a few others in there, but these two are really bad.

4 Way was again run of the mill. MJF is a great heel and Page looks the part. Jimmy Havoc and Jungle Boy did nothing for me in this match but I do like the idea of Jungle and Luchasaurus tagging. Page has some great old school looking offense with boots and lariats. Look forward to seeing him go with main eventers.

Skipped through some of Darby vs Cody after a while because it wasn't grabbing me. Missed that stupid bump somehow but jesus christ why. The Bodybag spot would have been a cool finish, but shouldn't be getting kicked out of if you're going to a draw. Liked they did a time limit draw but I didn't feel a star had been made.
Was shocked by the unprotected chair shot but I thought it worked really well. They played it like he was killed, had everyone come down from the locker room to check. It was done right for me.

Skipped the entire 6 man after the entrance which to be fair was well fitted to the show, but they really need to stop riffing on WWE bits because it comes across as really pathetic and low league. Not interested in the Bucks or the Lucha Bros, flippy spotty shit just isn't for me. 

Main Event was a mixed bag. I was wincing at half the spots but it did just feel like spot after spot with no psychology at all. It told no story other than two blokes falling onto sharp things. That Feet on the tacks spot was brutal. Enjoyed the Omega beatdown afterwards but again he started doing comedy and killed the seriousness of it.

Overall I enjoyed it but when the blood has been wiped up and the F-bombs have cleared from the air, what they have left is 1999 NWO levels of mates running a show into the ground with shit comedy and misjudged choices. Standouts for me were Nyla Rose, MJF, Adam Page and Moxley. Worst was the Japanese lasses, the booking, the psychology and finishers not actually finishing a match.

Was planning to watch the best bits the day. Don't think I'll bother, sounds like I'd hate this show. Ah well, maybe AEW is just not for me. 

Hopefully their next show has at least some things I'd enjoy. I'll defo check out Goldusts match. 

46 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Don’t worry, Darby’s bump was forgotten about a few minutes later. 

Tony Khan and The Young Bucks have said the chair was supposed to be gimmicked and something went wrong.

Not buying that. They've done the usual "WWE doesn't do it so we'll be different", seen the negative reaction online and then backtracked. Utter stupidity.

21 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Watched the full show this morning and just like the last show it's a few good things buried in rubbish comedy and mediocrity.

How did the main show manage to get buried under the pre-show? I didn’t notice any comedy once the main show had started 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

How did the main show manage to get buried under the pre-show? I didn’t notice any comedy once the main show had started 

Sorry I meant as a whole, preshow included.