AEW Fyter Fest

Kamaras-Tash

• Paid Members

Here's the full-on card then;

£8.99 as expected. If you fancy it for free, Fite Bucks are accepted for this show so if you use this code on sign-up ( k6qk6ym ) you'll get enough Fite Bucks to watch for FREE. No excuses to not watch or support now, unless AEW isn't really your bag then fair enough.

As for the completed card itself, it looks pretty solid. Moxley vs Janela should be a wild stunt fest, and Moxley's brawl with Juice is a great indication of the potential. I've saw clips of Moxley vs Darby around a week ago and he's well game for anything.

Talking of Darby, his match vs Cody is interesting. It's definitely not a match that I ever considered, and it could be a bit drab as Cody doesn't really excel at Darby's style. Epic, spacious feuds and title matches are more his wheelhouse, but we'll see.

I'm expecting another showstealer from the women's triple threat, and for Nyla to look like the powerhouse she should've been in the four-way at DoN. 

The four way, strange build aside, should be tons of fun. A wonderful mix of characters in this, and I'm especially looking forward to see how Jungle Boy does in his first big match at AEW. He's a brilliant flyer and will do well with some shine in this one. Expect Page to come out looking strong and for MJF to piss everybody off.

CIMA vs Daniels is the match I have the least interest in, just below Cody vs Darby. CIMA has put in forgettable performances whenever I've seen him live for the past few years, and whilst the 6-man at DoN was great, it's not enough to convince me that he is ready to shift into higher gears right now.

Finally, the 6-man should be excellent considering the talent involved. Barring injury or massive amounts of miscommunication, this should be balls-to-the-wall awesome but won't be to everyone's tastes.

So who's tuning in? Should be a good show, and nice taster of AEW have in store for their regular shows I reckon.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I'm excited for it. Double or Nothing was the first show I've watched since Mania and was probably my favourite wrestling PPV in years. And I never thought I'd say that about a show in 2019 which had Chris Jericho headlining.

Really liking the build to these shows on their Road To... videos, enough so that I'm looking forwards to pretty much every match. Even a Christopher Daniels singles match!

• Paid Members

I'll watch and pay my whole £9. Looks a nice card for a secondary show. Some guys on there I like, some I'm intrigued by and a couple I've never seen before.

I've enjoyed whatever AEW has been up to this point, as I'm sure you've gathered. The only shame is the lack of big dudes knocking each other about. I'd love AEW to use Jim Ross to go out and start recruiting big thick guys with athletic backgrounds.

The 'Road To' series is easily my favourite wrestling show at the minute. Short, simple, and tells you all you need to know about the characters involved. I've gone back and watched the Double or Nothing series too.  Some of the feuds could have done with a bit more meat on the bone but I generally like this minimalist approach to building the matches. Less is more and all that. And, of course, everybody just comes across so much more believable and/or capable of stirring emotion in these things, when you just let them fucking talk. Production is top notch as well, real promising if it translates to their telly. 

I can't help but look at the size of most of these guys though. Not everyone needs to be a juiced up lug obviously, but the roster outside of the main event is noticeably small.  Private Party, Darby Allin and Jon Havoc are as skinny as even I am! Bit jarring. Although again, good character building could turn that into less of an issue. The smark fantasy booker in me can't help but lick his lips at the prospect of a Rusev eventually coming on board. Hell, I'd be chucking everything I can at Elias, another hot commodity that seems to be slipping through WWE fingers.

Looking forward to the Moxley/Janella match. It's been fucking great following Moxley on this little run so far. Between the DON run-in angle, the indie showings, the New Japan matches, the promos etc, I've fallen in love with old Jon all over again. The Darby Allin match was wacky fun and possibly an advertiser for the Janella match. Watched him against Big Cass in some random indie match as well. It was basically a WWE house show match, which is a compliment, their house shows are organic and fun to watch for me. There's a bit at the end where Moxley comes back into the ring and takes a bow and he looks like a fucking rockstar.

Kind of kills me to think about all the talent and personality the WWE are reducing into being as shit, stale and boring as everything else.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:59 AM, tiger_rick said:

That's 100% what I thought coming out of it. Wasn't a big fan of the fake line but they didn't dwell on it so quickly forgotten.

I get the premise. They want to launch a big tag tournament when their TV starts. They want the "favourites" to be seeded somewhat with the byes but they want to use that to add meaning to matches that are happening now. It is convoluted. But they're obviously trying not to eliminate the other teams now because they need them to be part of it. I think having it be for a seeding in the tournament and then announcing later on that seeds enter in round 2 would have worked better.

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't a match where the winner gets a bye into the 2nd round of a tournament just the same as a 1st round match?

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, mrtrickio said:

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't a match where the winner gets a bye into the 2nd round of a tournament just the same as a 1st round match?

I suppose the difference is that the other teams aren't eliminated. Which feels like what they're doing - a "have their cake and eat it too" situation where they can do the match, talk up how "wins and losses matter" because the winner advances, but not have to do away with two other teams they'll want in the tournament.