AEW Fyter Fest

Kamaras-Tash

PAC 'not going to AEW' feels like it must be a huge work, he'll add a decent amount of established star power, and will probably have more effect than he would've losing to Page on the first show. There is the chance his deal with Dragon Gate will continue to get in the way though

• Paid Members

whats everyones thoughts on the post-match press conference? its an interesting little twist but ive seen a few split opinions on it.

Like are the dirt sheet guys meant to go in and play along with the angles and ask storyline related questions to help build future matches or is it simply a chance for them to get their insider bullshit questions in and just completely kill any sort of kayfabed world the promotion is trying to create from a show standpoint? 

Edited by Egg Shen

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

whats everyones thoughts on the post-match press conference? its an interesting little twist but ive seen a few split opinions on it.

Quite like the concept as long as there's a pay-off to it. Will MJF actually do anything to Shawn Spears at Fight for the Fallen despite being on the same team?

Edited by 5pints

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, KJHenley said:

It's complete fantasy booking, and won't happen because he's got a sweet gig for life with WWE, but I'd love to see what a motivated Randy Orton could do in this environment. 

AEW fans would be absolutely fuming, I really hope this happens now.

• Paid Members

I've enjoyed Ross in AEW so far. He's in his late 60s and not at his peak but he's a warm easily identifiable voice who gets things across. He will be especially important for the casual viewer when they get to tv. Excaliber has been great, definetly the best in this new wave of announcers.

• Paid Members

I've just seen that Alex Shelley has come out of retirement.

Let's see how much of a fan Tony Khan really is. If he's as switched on as he says he is then he'll have a weekly segment on their TNT show where Kevin Nash and Alex Shelley have ten to fifteen minutes to say whatever the fuck they want to try and make each other laugh.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
On 7/5/2019 at 11:16 PM, Merzbow said:

Does anyone else find that Pentagon Jr has lost almost all of his aura since this team with his brother? He's undoubtedly still a great wrestler but all of the act that made him so great in LU is gone.

Yeah - his strengths aren't Fenix's strengths, but they by and large wrestle Fenix's match. I remember seeing him live a few years back, and thinking that he had a real presence and aura unlike anyone I'd seen in years. On a show full of flips and high spots, he could quiet the crowd with a gesture, make the atmosphere feel electric just by slowly removing his glove before a chop, have everyone shouting "CERO MIEDO" along with him, and pop huge for simple moves. He felt like someone who really had it. Two minutes later, he was hitting a Canadian Destroyer on the ring apron.

21 hours ago, sj5522 said:

PAC 'not going to AEW' feels like it must be a huge work, he'll add a decent amount of established star power, and will probably have more effect than he would've losing to Page on the first show. There is the chance his deal with Dragon Gate will continue to get in the way though

He's got visa issues preventing him from working in the US, it's not a work. If it were one, "cancelling announced matches, and not booking a highly sought after, talented, recognisable free agent" is a work that benefits no one. 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

He's got visa issues preventing him from working in the US, it's not a work. If it were one, "cancelling announced matches, and not booking a highly sought after, talented, recognisable free agent" is a work that benefits no one. 

What's behind those issues? Is it to do with the fact that he essentially went on strike in WWE?

I'd imagine refusing to work for the company that employs you for a year while sitting at home doesn't go down too well with the people responsible for issuing work visas.

He hasn't wrestled at all in America since leaving WWE, but he appeared at that press conference thing AEW did, didn't he, so how'd they wangle that?  Doesn't count as actual work maybe.