AEW Fyter Fest

Kamaras-Tash

16 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

Anyone else notice that they didn't inform us of the time limits before the matches? Every time Justin Roberts went "10 minutes" we were wondering what the time limit was in the first place. It came across as a sloppy go home signal for the workers.

I assumed it was just an idea they decided to try from New Japan.

Announcing how long has gone in the contest every 5 minutes.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I assumed it was just an idea they decided to try from New Japan.

Announcing how long has gone in the contest every 5 minutes.

That was a staple of WCW matches in the early 90s, Gary Michael Capetta announcing how long had gone by on matches with time limits, so not exclusive to New Japan. 

3 minutes ago, mim731 said:

That was a staple of WCW matches in the early 90s, Gary Michael Capetta announcing how long had gone by on matches with time limits, so not exclusive to New Japan. 

Yeah, but didn't WCW used to start the matches like this, for example?:

BELL- "This match is scheduled for one fall and has a 20 minute time limit! Introducing first.." etc.

That's what I was missing. They shouldn't be telling me how long the remaining time is if i wasn't privy to the time limit, to begin with.

Just now, Whistling Skull said:

Yeah, but didn't WCW used to start the matches like this, for example?:

BELL- "This match is scheduled for one fall and has a 20 minute time limit! Introducing first.." etc.

That's what I was missing. They shouldn't be telling me how long the remaining time is if i wasn't privy to the time limit, to begin with.

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what AEW have been doing. They haven’t been too clear about why the 6 Man Tag match had a 30 minute limit and everything else has 20 minutes, but that’s just nitpicking

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Whistling Skull said:

Oh wow, this was a big gripe we had while watching the show. I was soooo sure that they didn't announce the time limits beforehand. Are you sure they did this? I'll re-watch some of the show when I get home to hear what was really up.

@tiger_rick already posted a youtube link which has it clearly said while Christopher Daniels enters.

I just want to say this, random comment

I've been reading the UKFF for years. You get to know the stuff regular posters like and their posting style. I'm shocked @tiger_rick has turned into one of AEWs biggest supporters. And I'm not trying to knock you, I'm just surprised you like it and give it the benefit of the doubt so much. Fair enough. I think it's borderline unwatchable because the bad stuff is SO bad. 

I'm probs gonna watch the next big show at least, just to see Cody and Dustin teaming. I watched RAW this week and thought it was great. I'm probs jumping the gun, but I'm hoping the emergence of AEW will result in a much better product for WWE, cause I really can't see myself liking AEWs product. 

Edited by LEGIT

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what AEW have been doing. They haven’t been too clear about why the 6 Man Tag match had a 30 minute limit and everything else has 20 minutes, but that’s just nitpicking

More important matches should be given longer because they are more important 

3 hours ago, Whistling Skull said:

Oh wow, this was a big gripe we had while watching the show. I was soooo sure that they didn't announce the time limits beforehand. Are you sure they did this? I'll re-watch some of the show when I get home to hear what was really up.

Yeah, they did.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, LEGIT said:

I'm shocked @tiger_rick has turned into one of AEWs biggest supporters.

I've been honest from the start. I want this to be good. Wrestling is something I've loved for 30-odd years and my interest was dead before this popped up. Like it or not, they've at least made things interesting again.

4 hours ago, LEGIT said:

I'm just surprised you like it and give it the benefit of the doubt so much.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't give it the benefit of the doubt. They've only had two shows. Off screen, they've done everything they said they would. On screen, they've already done some good things. They've got a few things wrong on each show so far but it's easy to point them out and give them a chance to put things right without declaring it the end of the world already.

Even the bad stuff has been hilariously bad or thought provoking. Hence pages and pages of chat on here. Unlike WWE who aren't ever really bad, just mind numbingly dull.

I wasn't sure this would be for me. Long term, it still might not be but I'll cling to the hope given by that Cody and Dustin match, Jon Moxley being a megastar, cool acts like Page, Lucha Bros and MJF and new guys I've really liked so far like Luchasaurus, Allin and the Party dudes.

Fingers crossed. 

4 hours ago, LEGIT said:

I think it's borderline unwatchable because the bad stuff is SO bad. 

Honestly, stuff like this is why I feel the need to defend them. It's ludicrous. IMO.