AEW Fyter Fest

Kamaras-Tash

1 minute ago, Accident Prone said:

Have you ever seen a Darby vs Janela match? They're insane spectacles. There was one a few years back where Joey cuffed Darby's hands behind his back, so he started doing spots with no arms. It was cute for a while, then got scary when he did a topé con hilo. Really really scary stuff. I hope they get the opportunity to go All Out at...uhhh...All Out.

Where can I see those matches? They sound crazy, need to have a look at some Darby Allin stuff, not seen him wrestle at all.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, digitalversicolor said:

Where can I see those matches? They sound crazy, need to have a look at some Darby Allin stuff, not seen him wrestle at all.

That one was at an SCI tournament, 2017 edition I believe. That should still be up on the IWTV streaming service.

They had a match at EVOLVE too and one for MLW. Their most recent one was for PWG's last show, which is available to buy now. The preview for that insanity starts at 3:05;

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Have you ever seen a Darby vs Janela match? They're insane spectacles. There was one a few years back where Joey cuffed Darby's hands behind his back, so he started doing spots with no arms. It was cute for a while, then got scary when he did a topé con hilo. Really really scary stuff. I hope they get the opportunity to go All Out at...uhhh...All Out.

Not yet. Just watched that documentary about Evolve, where Darby Allin is put into a bodybag and power bombed and breaks his arm. He doesnt give a fuck!

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, I remember that madness! He took an INSANE bump at an EVOLVE show a few years back too, where he was backdropped to the outside and caught his legs on the adjacent stage, which caused him to bounce off and land on the floor head first. No idea how he continued on with his career after that.

Edited by Accident Prone

26 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

That one was at an SCI tournament, 2017 edition I believe. That should still be up on the IWTV streaming service.

They had a match at EVOLVE too and one for MLW. Their most recent one was for PWG's last show, which is available to buy now. The preview for that insanity starts at 3:05;

Thank you! Gonna have a look at those this evening. He sounds like a proper mad bastard!

Joey Janela has an aura of a legitimate nutter about him ala Sabu. I mean he's a different kind of nutter but still, he comes across as proper insane in the head and I think that lends an air of intrigue about him that not too many others manage to achieve. I just honestly hope that deep down he's smart enough to favour a long career rather than end up in a wheelchair in a few years or worse.

4 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Joey Janela has an aura of a legitimate nutter about him ala Sabu. I mean he's a different kind of nutter but still, he comes across as proper insane in the head and I think that lends an air of intrigue about him that not too many others manage to achieve. I just honestly hope that deep down he's smart enough to favour a long career rather than end up in a wheelchair in a few years or worse.

Unless he's living the gimmick, he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box...

• Paid Members

Another super video. The first bit is waffle but the second part focusing on "Private Party" is excellent. Way to promote them from unknown to seriously interesting in 5 minutes. They remind me of the Street Profits, racially obviously, but in what I imagine the gimmick to be but this is just night and day from what even NXT presents. They feel like real people. Shocking, eh?

• Paid Members

Another great episode. I never knew anything about Private Party before this but now I want them to win their match more than anyone. I wasn't a big fan of them dropping the 'fake' bomb though.

Also, the stip for that tag match is so embarrassingly silly. The winner of the tag match gets an opportunity to compete at All Out for a bye in the first round of the tag tournament...It's needlessly convoluted. Why not just have the winner get a straight-up bye into the second round or the win a slot in the tournament? Is their idea of sports presentation?

Also, after all the critique of their shitty battle royal at DON, how're they going to use that and change their pre-show for the better? By having a comedy hardcore match involving a non-wrestler, of course! Woeful stuff.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Another great episode. I never knew anything about Private Party before this but now I want them to win their match more than anyone. I wasn't a big fan of them dropping the 'fake' bomb though.

That's 100% what I thought coming out of it. Wasn't a big fan of the fake line but they didn't dwell on it so quickly forgotten.

27 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Also, the stip for that tag match is so embarrassingly silly. The winner of the tag match gets an opportunity to compete at All Out for a bye in the first round of the tag tournament...It's needlessly convoluted. Why not just have the winner get a straight-up bye into the second round or the win a slot in the tournament? Is their idea of sports presentation?

I get the premise. They want to launch a big tag tournament when their TV starts. They want the "favourites" to be seeded somewhat with the byes but they want to use that to add meaning to matches that are happening now. It is convoluted. But they're obviously trying not to eliminate the other teams now because they need them to be part of it. I think having it be for a seeding in the tournament and then announcing later on that seeds enter in round 2 would have worked better.