AEW Fyter Fest

Kamaras-Tash

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Yuka's sad face after that dickhead Riho pushed her was the most emotional thing in wrestling this year, even more than Runnels in the Tunnels.

I hated Jim Ross immediately undermining it though by snarking, “that’s a sad wrestling face right there!”

God bless Jim, but it was never more obvious than on this show that if it’s not the style of wrestling he enjoys he’s not going to bring his A game, choosing instead to adopt his sulky, pissy, sarcastic New Japan persona.

He feels completely out of place, unfortunately. He also seems like a liability, like he’s one step away from saying something that might spark a social media outrage.

I thought Excalibur was excellent, however. Golden Boy was pretty solid too, a big step up from Alex Marvez.

• Paid Members

I will say that there’s definitely something there in terms of doing a video game/pro wrestling crossover show once a year. The cosplaying and Justin Roberts shouting, “Round One - FIGHT!” was good fun. Is it Attack Wrestling in the UK who do those theme shows where guys are dressed as video game characters? In fact, most of the stupid stuff involving controllers and buttons in the Nakazawa match would’ve been a good laugh if it didn’t feature a non-wrestler doing some of the worst offence and selling of all time. The actual state of this.

You can just imagine Vince calling Bischoff back after seeing that shit.

”Never mind, Eric. Don’t bother coming to Smackdown. Crisis averted.”
Edited by Supremo

Just finished watching the main event, I enjoyed it overall although there were a few questionable things on there I wasn't into. Contrarian thoughts as follows:

- I was well into the Darby Allin "back elbow onto the apron" spot, I thought it looked ace.
- It seems a shame they wasted that chair shot spot on Tye Dillinger, unless he's got something I've really not noticed before.
- The Nakazawa/Jebailey match was great fun!

50 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Some people reckon JR said something about a "happy ending" during the woman's match. Didn't catch it myself but if true then bloody hell.

He said it was his "favourite Chinese meal" or something similar - proper stupid "yer Da" comment.

Also MJF continues to be absolutely brilliant.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

The unsanctioned match that commentary said the company wanted no part of seemed nothing of the sort. They should've removed all references to AEW around the ring before the match. Possibly even let it play out with no commentary too and had the match with the lights turned on like the event had finished. Instead, Moxley and Jannela came out to their music (that AEW played for them) with a big AEW logo behind them to a match refereed by someone with an AEW badge on his top and had JR halfway through the match thanking people for tuning in and supporting the company. Just call it a no DQ match and be done with it. I reckon they could've made a big deal with the whole unsanctioned thing but failed. Disappointing

By the boys for the boys.

I've really wanted to like this, really. WWE is shite at the minute, I've not watched it in about 4 years. There was real optimism over what AEW could be or is going to be. But I'm not having that - there's not way that there should be chair shots like that or ridiculous back bumps on aprons. It's so uncomfortable. I don't want to be wincing when I'm watching wrestling.

And it's only a B show so it doesn't matter? Canadian Stampede was a B show.

Tony Khan needs to leave the group chat and and work out what he wants this to be. I

Certainly going to be interesting to see what this promotion puts on weekly TV considering they're not going to get away with the more risque stuff. Hopefully less of the Elite comedy and more proper storytelling. Take away the garbage pre show and unnecessary chairshot and I enjoyed it overall.