ICW’s Lionheart dead

Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members

Got a bit broken up last night with people sharing photos of Lionheart with Kris Travis, and then with Rob Van Dam posting a photo of the two of them in the ring, calling Lionheart his friend, which would have meant the world to him.

On 6/19/2019 at 9:33 PM, Tommy! said:

36 is no age. 

I can't say I was a fan, but he was responsible for a moment which was the most I've ever laughed and smiled at a wrestling show, thinking about it still makes me smile now. 

Are you Lance Storm?

On 6/22/2019 at 1:02 PM, PunkStep said:

Don't be a prick, he's put something positive in there about Lionheart. He hasn't gone Lance Storm by any stretch.

Personally i would have left the first sentence out. Not sure how that makes me a prick?

On a more positive note. I had the pleasure of seeing him wrestle many times, including a barn burner of a match at 1PW against Davey Richards. We met briefly in the bar afterwards and i congratulated him on the quality of the match.

RIP Lionheart, one hell of a talent.

• Paid Members

No disrespect was meant, I just only ever saw him wrestling once or twice sadly. It's the case with a lot of well known Scottish names that I never got to shows they were on and fell out the scene before on demand on online services opened up the opportunity.

But within those small number of shows something happened which thinking about now still makes me smile. I don't think I'm being a prick in saying that's a wonderful thing.

• Paid Members

He was really entertaining as General Manager of PCW while he was recovering from the neck injury. "Part of my job as General Manager..." It could have been a terrible gimmick, but, as he always tended to, he put his all into it and could draw huge pops and massive heat from the crowd as required. 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:14 PM, Tommy! said:

No disrespect was meant, I just only ever saw him wrestling once or twice sadly. It's the case with a lot of well known Scottish names that I never got to shows they were on and fell out the scene before on demand on online services opened up the opportunity.

But within those small number of shows something happened which thinking about now still makes me smile. I don't think I'm being a prick in saying that's a wonderful thing.

Like i said, i would have left out the first sentence.

Anyhow, i apologise if you took offence, it was just a case of pointing out what i thought was a slightly inappropriate comment in a cryptic kind of way.

Would you care to share your experience of Lionheart making you smile? It would get us back on topic if you had a nice story to share.