ICW’s Lionheart dead

Daaaaaad!

This is so sad. I've not spoke to him for a long time, but I was part of the reason he came into 1PW with the other Scottish lads, and was always a nice guy, easy to deal with and courteous. hell of a talent aswell. awful news.

RIP Lionheart.

I saw Lionheart wrestle live earlier in the year, in Preston. He had good match with a lot of heat. His heel promo before the match resulted in the marks in the audience screaming at him. A very charismatic grappler who got over where ever he competed.

Condolences to all family and friends.

• Paid Members

That a yank thing? They seem so much less subtle than we are around matters like this. I don't know if suicide is statistically on the rise but anecdotely it seems to be and whenever you see a report on a death with no cause given or suspicion pointed at - that only leaves one conclusion. It's so sad. Can't even begin to imagine.

9 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

That a yank thing? They seem so much less subtle than we are around matters like this. I don't know if suicide is statistically on the rise but anecdotely it seems to be and whenever you see a report on a death with no cause given or suspicion pointed at - that only leaves one conclusion. It's so sad. Can't even begin to imagine.

Biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK

12 suicides per day, apparently.

Very, very sad stuff. A lot more needs to be done than just farting out "its ok to not be ok" tweets every now and again.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Wild that Meltzer has just outright said this was a suicide. I mean it does look that way but I've not seen it reported that way by anyone except from big Dave.

Considering ICW specifically chose not to mention the cause of death, and ask that people respect his family's privacy, even if you're able to read between the lines and figure it out from other people's comments, it feels like a dick move.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

There's been some pretty extensive work done by mental health organisations to help establish a code of conduct for UK media and reporting of deaths from suicide. It's partly because reporting suicide (and particularly methods of suicide) can trigger more people to do the same thing. This is because it can help to plant/affirm the notion of suicide in someone's head (especially if it's reported in such a way that might glorify it), and also because people who have been contemplating it but not sure how to do it could see the reporting of it as a more sure-fire way of doing it.

Basically, reporting deaths from suicide poorly can lead to more deaths from suicide. There were some fairly high-profile names involved in trying to get more media on-board. This hasn't taken off in the US in the same way.

Edited by Chris B

4 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Meltzer said it was an "apparent suicide." His job is to report facts, not whether its "apparent" or not. The fucking moron.

Surprised the cunt didn't add "But other sources deny this"

Terrible news, thoughts go to his friends and family.